Portrait of someone well known in certain circles

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2007
Portrait of someone well known in certain circles

Hi!

I'm working on a portrait from several photos. He's well known in certain circles ... I wonder if anyone here recognises him. If not, the name doesn't matter anyway and I would be happy about general feedback on anatomy and perspective, anyway

05 May 2007
At first I couldnt figure it out but after staring as for a minute I think I got it. Is it Vince Vaughn? If so I think you need to exagerate a few tings to make it more apparent. Check out this pic. http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/C...ll_3p.widec.jpg
His chin is a bit bigger, maybe pull the hairline back a tad more and extened the nose so it longer and more angular. One last thing, Vince has gained a bit of weight since swingers so keep that in mind.
Keep it up!

05 May 2007
He could use some more texture, but this is looking good so far - great work on the proportions. I don't know him so I can't say much about how it resembles him ^^;

05 May 2007
MirMarg: I can see why you think it could be Vince Vaughn. There are similarities in the shape of the eyes and nose. But no, sorry This guy is not an actor.
Thanks for the comment.

Maidith: Thank you

05 May 2007
Progress

Hmm, lost something along the way, looks too young now.

05 May 2007
Nice work

could use more shadows... would be a good idea to determine the main light source at this stage.

adding texture to the skin will make him less younger: facial hair, wrinkles around the eyes and on forehead,etc

the white of the eyeballs is too white.

great start though
keep going

05 May 2007
Thanks, NR43. I want to keep a rather diffuse lighting and plan to add some tricky backlighting later on (not sure if I pull through 2 versions, yet).

05 May 2007

The hair is no good, I know.

Since I guess few have him on their radar here and the web isn't exactly plastered with his face and since it's less embarassing now I made some progress: It's supposed to be Mark Shuttleworth

Reference:
http://www.amethyst.co.za/iWeek2006...huttleworth.jpg
http://fridge.ubuntu.com/files/wies...unchpad-big.jpg

Otherwise one often finds images from his space mission or with long hair.
My single best reference however is a video interview.

05 May 2007
really nice...u need to work more on it..blending the colors all together.

..otherwise good effort!

05 May 2007
good painting overall..to make it more realistic,smoothen up the shading.and create some solid highlights and some textures like texture of hair strands,etc...

........i can see ur wireframe......

06 June 2007
Thanks!

Finaly made time to work on this again

06 June 2007
Nice, the portrait is getting better... but as someone said before... pay attention to the eyes, don't seem to integrate well with the rest of the painting...

06 June 2007
Nice work I wathing it!

06 June 2007
Check the perspective on the face. The mouth gets too small too quickly and looks off-dentered, and the eye on our left looks too small. Also, considering that the main lightsource is on the left (our left), the bright reflection should be bigger in that eye.
I recommend repainting the eyelashes. They're too short and too straight. Eyelashes curve out vertically, and because the eye opening is curved like a ( in relation to the viewer, some will seem to curve to the side as well. Right now it's as if the eye is flat to us |. You could also skip drawing the eyelashes completely and just suggest them with some darkness and a few of them somewhere xP

Thread Closed share thread