Snow on a tree

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2007   #1
Snow on a tree

I have what I thought is a simple request but I think not actually. I need to put some snow on some trees in Vue 6. Basically I have a snow scene with some trees that look waaaaaaaay out of place as they need to have snow on their branches and leaves etc.

Does anyone have a technique for this?

Thanks.

S.

Old 05 May 2007   #2
Since there are no particles in VUe, you have to fake it. You can do this by mixing the leaf mat wit a snow mat, drive the mixing with a nice function. Be sure to use the leaf transmap for the snow material.

Or you could use two trees, hide the 2nd tree trunk ( make it transparent), and colour the leaves white. Again be sure to keep the transmap.

Old 05 May 2007   #3
Hi Mafx,

The Lush Conifers come with a couple of snow covered trees http://www.incrediblylush.com/products.htm#solidgrowth if you are in a hurry. I attached a quick sample render if you were interested.

I hope to give Bruno's method a try soon. Slowly working through my Vue 6 Revealed book. Functions look very interesting.

Old 05 May 2007   #4
peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerfect

Thanks a lot for the info.

What's the book like (Vue 6 Revealed) I need to get some more reading done also I think.

Thanks.

S.

Old 05 May 2007   #5
No probs. I am only at page 87 so far... just started on terrains section, but so far so good.

Old 05 May 2007   #6
If you are new to Vue, this is a must read.

Old 05 May 2007   #7
I looked it up and saw a lot of negative comments about it being in B & W and low res images in the book.

Is this correct?

S.

Old 05 May 2007   #8
Correct it is B&W but I am up to chapter 7 and it is easy to follow so far.

Old 05 May 2007   #9
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread