Toon inking problem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2003   #1
Toon inking problem

here i posted this thread in the surface and texturing section. hope that someone can help me out.

thread link

3D CG Blog at http://kenimate.blogspot.com/

Old 03 March 2003   #2
If you set direction threshold = 0 in a Toon_Ink lens then you get a rendering of only the 'outlines'. Also there's options in the Toon_Paint_and_Host Ink->Boundaries which allow you to render only the outline on a per material basis. You may use this by compositing a seperately rendered pass of thick outline only over your normal toon shading to get the effect.

Last edited by tachy0n : 03 March 2003 at 06:16 PM.

Old 03 March 2003   #3
ok the results got much to what i want.... but if my character consist of few different geometries then do i have to add the models into each of the individual toon ink host "seam" tab so that they blend? i mean, i just want to get the outline of the overall character remember,? not like still see lines between arm and sleeves.... just to name a common prob. u get what i mean?

but i pretty much got to the result i wanted. thanx to u alot!!

3D CG Blog at http://kenimate.blogspot.com/

Old 03 March 2003   #4
Well i can't be sure unless i see a render, but it's probably the different materials on the geometries that are causing your problem (if they are indeed different) You could try turning off the 'material' check box under Toon_Ink_Lens -> Sampling->Boundaries for your outline pass/render and see if that helps.

Old 03 March 2003   #5
Funnydoodle, y dun u let him see a render sample?! I was interested also......hehe

:airguitar

Old 01 January 2006   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread