Short film: Intelligent Life

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2003
Short film: Intelligent Life

Hello all, just thought I'd finally post something rather than just sit back and enjoy all of the eye candy.

I'm putting together a short film with some of the people I work with and thought why not see if anyone out there is interested in helping. I'm not really sure how this thread works yet, as I'm still fairly new to it. I'll be posting up what we have so far, as soon as I get some time, and hopefully give a rundown of the short itself. if anyone is interested without seeing some examples or hearing the idea, you either need your head checked, or your just a damn nice person. Either way, we need a Texture artist who has some time on there hands, because unfortunatly, with new projects comming in, we've only got a couple of months to put this together.

Well I guess we'll see if we get any bites.

Coop.:airguitar (I like this smile, it looks like he's touching himself.)

03 March 2003
Update

Okay, so as I thought, No bites. Here are a few images that I've grabbed for you.

The short is called, Intelligent Life.

The camera opens up to a small house in the background with some trees blowing. After a few seconds we see the words Intelligent life Appear. from that a sparkle that eventually turns into a space ship that screams into the scene. (See ship below.) from there we follow the ship that sets down onto the ground. The hatch opens up and a little alien fish in a robotic suit lands on the ground and shouts.

Fish alien: "Puny people of Earth! lay down your weapons, and realize your new king!! Bow down before the mightyness of Jasper the new Ruler of Earth!!!"

Then we see the camera swing around to Jasper's Point of view to reveal about fifty chickens just staring blankly at him, after a seconds pause.

Chicken: "Bukaw."

Cut back to Jasper very unimpressed with the chickens. Then we see another alien come out from the ship. (Mo)

Mo: "Um, excuse me your Mightyness? I was just wondering if you were finished ruling this plant yet? Cause I was kinda hoping to make it back to Jupiter by nine."

Jasper very upset stomps back up the stairs and pushes past Mo.

Mo: "Oh by the way, all of those who said there was no intelligent life on this planet, raise your hand. (Mo raises hand, Jasper just gets back on the ship.) Hey Jasper, your not raising your hand? Jasper?"

Jasper: "Shut up...."

Mo: "No, cause I'm just saying (hatch closes and mo follows Jasper into the ship.) I thought we were talking about this planet and I remember ONE of us saying there was nothing on this planet. Hmmm, now which one of us was that...."

Jasper: "Shut UP MO!!"

the ship begins to take off.

Mo: "ok, ok. ............ Hey what was all that Mightyness about anyway? I mean you had like six thousand light years to think of what you were going to say, and all you came up with was your mightyness....ha ha,......weak."

Jasper: "I swear Mo, one day I shall wipe you from the universe."

Camera fades away as the ship leaves the sky.

Mo: "yeah, but then who would clean your bowl?"

The End.

Last edited by smellovision : 03 March 2003 at 04:17 AM.

03 March 2003
I can work on your textures for ya. but I am not exactly a photorealistic quality texturer.

however I do have time on my hands

and yes I am a head case.

03 March 2003
how?

I'm really sorry to ask, but how can I attach pictures to my post? If anyone out there can help I would really apreciate it.

03 March 2003
Just click attach but if you do that they have to be under 20k

03 March 2003
Thanks for your help. Here's a pic of the ship. It's only just the start.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ufo1_col.jpg (17.0 KB, 151 views)

03 March 2003
logo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg intelligent_low.jpg (18.1 KB, 124 views)

03 March 2003
this is the alien Mo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mo.jpg (14.5 KB, 127 views)

03 March 2003
if you want any help just tell me

03 March 2003
Thanks for the offer JIII. I'll be in touch soon! I have a couple of different things you could try.

So other than JIII I guess there's not a lot of interest. I wonder if it would sweeten the pot if I told you some of my friends from Pixar will be working on this. I hate to name drop but if I have to exploit them to get more interest I will. Hahaha.

Coop.

I'm going to post up some new pix real soon, the stuff I have up here is very basic.

anyone out there good with enviroment stuff like grass? I need my backgrounds textured with some grass, maybe fur?

P.s. We use Maya

03 March 2003
I'd like to help work on a project to have something to focus on, this is some of my work my works . Im no expert (what do you want for nothing , but I'm not without any abilitie, im keen on modelling and texturing so if you got something I could work on, great.

By the way, if you want people to help putting things like,
"I need my backgrounds textured with some grass" is not the best way to put it.
But having said that i'd like to help (evidence of insanity), let me know what ya think

03 March 2003
OOps, I'm really sorry if I've offended anyone, it's certainly not my intention. I guess I'm just not sure how to go about asking for the help I need.

The models are pretty much finished. We still need an old beat up vehicle. i.e. Truck or car. so if anyone has anything like that that they'd like to offer to the project that would be great!!!!
Other than that, we really just need some people with some time on there hands to help out with textures. so if you (Just do 3d and JIII or anyone else who wants to help) have some time on your hands, we should talk. I'll e-mail you privately about speciffics. Thanks for the help!!!

Coop.

03 March 2003
no offense taken, hope to hear from you although after criticising your request technique I doubt I will

03 March 2003
Nice story, smellovision!!

what is it that you need from us?

03 March 2003
hey smelly dude.

here is a little thingy I cooked up if you want to see some of my texturing. I know it needs alot of work on the specular channel. But you asked for it

Thread Closed share thread