Deformer: Lattice getting double transforms

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2003
Deformer: Lattice getting double transforms

I have a character that is skinned and I want a part of the skin to be flubby and bounce around when the character is in motion. I added a lattice and made it Softbody with goal weights and all but I need the lattice to follow the skeleton and when it does, the skin in the affected area gets double transforms. Anyone with a neat solution?

03 March 2003
OK, any suggestion is appreciated! It doesn't even have to be neat...

03 March 2003
Sorry I haven't gotten this far yet, but I am currently having the same issues with clusters... Have you tried applying the lattice before skinning?

03 March 2003
You´ll need to skin your lattice (or Softbody copy, depending on which option you use) to the skeleton. Then open relationship editor->deformer sets and remove the points that are affected by the lattice from the skin cluster set.

David

03 March 2003
Thanx a 1 000 000!

That worked like a dream :airguitar

03 March 2003
and to the cluser-man In the attribute editor for the cluster there is a "relative" checkbox. I heard this solves that problem, but i havent tried it yet.

I wonder if lattices have the same thing? because rebinding is quite a pain after painting weights (and i have _never_ had weight maps work correctly)
:annoyed:

01 January 2004
"Then open relationship editor->deformer sets and remove the points that are affected by the lattice from the skin cluster set. "

Could someone explain exactly how to do this please?

01 January 2004
Quote: Could someone explain exactly how to do this please?

Select the CV´s that you want to remove, then open the Relationship Editor->Deformer Sets, and with the correct deformer selected on the right side, click the big "minus" sign at the top. These 2 buttons ("+" and "-") add or remove selected components from selected sets.

01 January 2004

Ugh... I SWEAR I did that...

oh well.. I musta messed it up somewhere.

Thanks for the response!

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread