NHM Challenge Linda Smith

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2007   #1
NHM Challenge Linda Smith

Thought I would give this a try, I have never done a matte painting with the exception of a sketch in DSF a few months ago. Here is my step one cleared.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg matte2b.jpg (76.3 KB, 109 views)

Old 04 April 2007   #2
went through made a few touch ups (especially to the floor) and a few other things. Think I got it all set to go now and maybe ready for next step.

Old 04 April 2007   #3
Hey Linda , looking good this will be a great chance to learn a lot about matte painting so enjoy the ride! Cant wait to see some concepts.

Cheers

Old 04 April 2007   #4
Matellis - Thanks , ha ha I just had to go visit Levi's thread, dang he roxors. The first step only took me a LONG time. Hope I can come up with something different and at least halfway decent

Old 04 April 2007   #5
Good job on the cleanup Linda. Any ideas for your concept yet?

Old 04 April 2007   #6
Thanks Cameo, I have a few ideas floating around in my head. I am going to have to play a litte to see if i can pull any of them off before I post them.

Old 04 April 2007   #7
Here is my extension
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mcextentedfw.jpg (78.9 KB, 134 views)

Old 04 April 2007   #8
Hey Linda , nice job on the extension keep it up!

Cheers

Old 04 April 2007   #9
It s a bit too obvious were you straightend the pillars.

Old 04 April 2007   #10
Linda you can try to make selections with the lasso tool, duplicate them to a new layer and transform them perspectively. This way you wont have these stamping issues.

Old 04 April 2007   #11
grrrr - which pillars the ones on the screen right?

Inlakechh- ermm that is what I did, lol

Old 04 April 2007   #12
Hi linda, nice work on the extension I just see a problem there, in the first left arch I see the proportion is wrong compared to the othres and to the perspective, check it out

Old 04 April 2007   #13
Thanks Jaime, I decided since that arch or part of the building isn't going to be in the finished painting I am just going to extend with paint instead of photographic elements from the orignal plate.

Old 04 April 2007   #14
I am not quite sure what the rules are for using photographic elements in the concept stage. Maybe someone can tell me. I did use some combined with paint. They are from my own photos, I live in a heavily wooded area and have hundreds of photos of woods , streams, marshes.

Anyway here is my concept, yes I still need to put some lights out and paint in tons of vegetation and other things

Old 04 April 2007   #15
Very nice lighting in the background sky, if you could match to that would look very nice. I'm not too sure about the tree that cuts across the forground though. Also think about your final crop, eventually you might want to bring it down to a widescreen format.

- Dave

Thread Closed share thread