Ram Issue

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2007   #1
Ram Issue

well....im browsing ebay and i see 2gb of mushkin ram 667mhz for 67(in p&p) so i check the seller out and its all good so i bought it.

i currently have 2gb of corsair ram 667 in my pc at the moment and am running xp home. im wondering if its worth either upgrading to 64bit, or xp professional and do the 3gb switch(looks pretty confuing tho :s), or vista(dont wanna do tha really) or just stay with xp home and have the 4gb in there but it will only use like 3.5gb am i right?

im not going linux b4 anyone says that! lol

wat u guys reccomend?

Old 04 April 2007   #2
as long as ur sure u wont have any driver problems and/or software problems; knock yourself out. just remember that 3.5gb and 4gb isnt that big of a difference. the only time i met someone who saw a noticeable diference was when he installed 8GB of ram on a computer and he was able to run some heavy particle simulations (very very slowly of course) that would crash the 3.5gb 32-bit version.

FYI: our workstations at work have 4gb on XP-32bit

Modeling Jedi looking for a Republic or an Empire to serve!

Old 04 April 2007   #3
i use xp x64 with 4 gigs of ram and love it. haven't had any issues at all and it runs really well for me. i'd suggest trying it out

Old 04 April 2007   #4
[QUOTE=Clondike7FYI: our workstations at work have 4gb on XP-32bit [/QUOTE]

well...if i got 64 bit that means paying money or 'aquiring' it (i do not condone that sort of behaviour) whereas i have 32bit already so im just gonna stay on that route until vista is actually worth having. cheers for info tho guys.if i had money spare then i would go 64bit but that aint the case.lol

thank you

Old 04 April 2007   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread