Viper, Lewis (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2003   #1
Talking Viper is Here

Hi guys !

OK here is my Viper renders .

I wanted this time something diferent than just studio lighting (but i have 2 images of that on my page in RED and Black version so you can check my WEB also). So i made this composition version of my VIPER. It's called Viper_on_Holidays . Everything on this image is my work (background image is shot with my Olympus digital camera). I made environment HDRI also and wraped to imageworld so reflection are aslo REAL from that area (i took pictures from balcony of house and made panorama HDRI 3800*1200 wide). So if anyone goes to holidays in Croatia that's my uncle's house with 6 apartments .

click for biger images.

You also can check small animation here (nothig fancy - just test how is looking with camera movement) Fiel is 2.5MB DivX codec.

ICQ - 7128177
Skype - lewis3d
My LWM Car Modeling Video Tutorial

Old 03 March 2003   #2
Trying to be the first to post comment!!!!
I like the color on the viper, the renders look great. Things look a little to soft, although it makes it look very tasty, it also makes it look fake. Like I just said about the softness, the house looks a little to soft too, even though the house is not what you wanted us to crytique on. The textures on the care are good, usually in this case people would tell you to work harder on them, but I love the way it looks. Can you post a wire frame, and one without the textures-what applications did you use, and how many polygons did you use?

This is a very nice car, good to see your work Lewis.

P.S.
Saw the animation, nice mini van lol
Could you show some stuff on the mini van like I requested for the mustang, if so thanks, and again, great work!

Old 03 March 2003   #3
nice composition, at least from the little bit of the Viper we can see. How about showing us the rest of the car? I'd like to see how the interior looks.

But good job on the side of the car though.

Old 03 March 2003   #4
look amazing, man, exelent job, the only coment is that may you should increse the intensity of the key light just a little bit, take a look to hight light of tha car in the background.
but, any ways is an exelent model

Old 03 March 2003   #5
the modeling is superb, but the model itself looks tiny in the scene... and the materials look fake / plasticky, where is the chrome on the wheels?!

good work tho, lets see some sweetly sweet updated renders!

Old 03 March 2003   #6
looks great, very good modeling! the only thing that stands out to me is the rims, they seem a bit dull, not much like metal. but altogether awesome!

Old 03 March 2003   #7
Looks Incredible. One thing that always bugs me on Car renders, is with reflections. We put the background in our images, and the car picks up our highlights. But the camera Pics Up reflections From Behind the camera. A great render would have reflection of what ever is going on behind us. One could even go to the detail of having a Person standing were a real person would be if he was holding the camera. chances are you will never pic up this detail. but it is there, and every bit helps make that perfect image.

Keep up the Fantastic Work man

MArk

Old 03 March 2003   #8
cool

Cool.

Nice work. I love all yer car models!

Old 03 March 2003   #9
Whoa, it looks like a photo! Great work

Old 03 March 2003   #10
You're da man!!!

Can we see a wireframe too, please?

Old 03 March 2003   #11
Hey! I fell important now! Awsome work dude

I think, the Car shader could use some more work though

Old 03 March 2003   #12
whoohooo! A car that has an environment!

I would like to see some different angles. Right now the three pics are essentailly identicle.

Gallery Pages
SFS Forum is here. 2MB attachments are allowed on these forums.
SFS Gallery is here. 50MB free display space for your artwork.

Old 03 March 2003   #13
Thanks guys.

I showed my WIP when i was working so you can see wires in this thread
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.ph...highlight=dodge

I will work more on renders when i cach time. I just had to show you this before i was 100% satisfied .

stephen2002 - you can see more images on my WEB page in studio lighting since in these renders i needed to match camera to background shot angle and wasn't been able to move camera much .
ICQ - 7128177
Skype - lewis3d

Old 03 March 2003   #14
nice model!

crits:
1. the letters on the tires seem like they need to contrast a TINY bit more from the wall of the tire.

2. there doesnt seem to be a texture on the rotors.

3.give the rims just a TINY amount of reflection. The vipers stock wheels are that color yes, but they have a tiny amount of shine and reflectivity.

you can see the small amount of shine on the wheels in this pic:

nice job!

Old 03 March 2003   #15
Quote: Originally posted by slice56
nice model!

crits:
1. the letters on the tires seem like they need to contrast a TINY bit more from the wall of the tire.

2. there doesnt seem to be a texture on the rotors.

3.give the rims just a TINY amount of reflection. The vipers stock wheels are that color yes, but they have a tiny amount of shine and reflectivity.

nice job!

Thanks man i will add more reflection to tyres (now it's only 1% )

by rotors you mean brake disc mecahnism - right (i don't know all techical names on english . If you think that then YES they do have material and they have that "RT/10" texture on them but you just don't see them in full size 'coz shadows . Try to save image and zoom or got o my web for 1600*1200 image.

thanks one more time.
ICQ - 7128177
Skype - lewis3d

Thread Closed share thread