x32 and x64 Versions of 6 Xstream Co-existing?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2007
x32 and x64 Versions of 6 Xstream Co-existing?

Hi guys,

I am thinking about adding Vue to my pipeline, but would like to know if the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Vue 6 Xstream will co-exist peacefully on the same installation?

I use Maya 8 and 8.5, 32 and 64 bit versions (to counter some plugin discrepancies and different renderer support) on my installation of XP Pro x64. So - I have 4 versions of Maya which I swap between regularly (don't ask...). I also use Max 9 x64.

If I install the 64 bit version of Vue 6XStream, I heard that it will only "connect" with 64 bit apps (which would kinda leave my 2 32 bit installations of Maya in the s**t). Is this true? Would I have to install both the 32 and 64 bit versions? And if so, would that be ok?

Many thanks,

Martin

03 March 2007
I currently have both version of Vue 6 xStream installed on my system (I need the 32 bit version for some Python scripts that won't run in the 64 bit version) and I have no problem at all. In the Vue 6 xStream.reg file you will have two lines like that :

VueFolderPath64:\3D\Vue 6 xStream\
VueFolderPath32:\3D\Vue 6 - 32\

and you can share the content folder between the two installed versions without problems.

J-L

Point San Luis Obispo
"Somewhere in Holland environnement"

03 March 2007
Thank you!

Signing off now to boot up my 64 bit OS - why can't Belkin get the x64 drivers for my wireless adapter written?!

Thanks!

Martin

03 March 2007
One problem with using both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions is that you might create a scene with the 64-bit versions which uses more RAM than the 32-bit version can address. The two apps should co-exist fine on your system, but be aware that the 32-bit version cannot use as much RAM as the 64-bit version can.

03 March 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread