Children reference images?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02 February 2007   #1
Children reference images?

Hi, does anyone know where one can find reference photos of toddlers? I need to model half a dozen of them, so ideally I'd like to find a front and side full-body photo of one toddler, and a half-dozen front-and-side toddler headshots (my modeling skills are still pretty schematic). I've searched around a bit, with no result, and I don't happen to have a bunch of kids in my friends' families. Can anyone give me a hint before I start asking stranger parents on playgrounds?
 
Old 03 March 2007   #2
Hi sorry forgot to reply to this thread - children are hard to find 'official' reference for due to sensitivity issues, but just go to Google or any of the major photo sites - picassa, flickr, etc., and you should have no problem finding pictures of kids to use as reference.
__________________

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
Website:
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles






 
Old 03 March 2007   #3
Originally Posted by Rebeccak: Hi sorry forgot to reply to this thread - children are hard to find 'official' reference for due to sensitivity issues, but just go to Google or any of the major photo sites - picassa, flickr, etc., and you should have no problem finding pictures of kids to use as reference.


heh... that I know what i was looking for, though, were front-and-side shots, kind of like mugshots, and those are nowhere to be found.
 
Old 03 March 2007   #4
Yeah, I'm afraid I don't really have a solution. The only thing I can think of is that someone in this thread was doing a model from images of her child.
__________________

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
Website:
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles






 
Old 03 March 2007   #5
Originally Posted by Rebeccak: Yeah, I'm afraid I don't really have a solution. The only thing I can think of is that someone in this thread was doing a model from images of her child.


that helps a bit, thanks
 
Old 03 March 2007   #6
Someone just found a great reference site, and I found this:

http://www.the-blueprints.com/modul...iew.php?nr=3338

http://www.the-blueprints.com/modul...iew.php?nr=3340

Definitely check out this site:

http://www.the-blueprints.com/index.../humans/humans/
__________________

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
Website:
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles






 
Old 03 March 2007   #7
Here's a Loomis page I've printed out for myself more times than I can recall. I'm sure it's also on the internet somewhere, but I had this copy on my harddrive so I thought I'd share:

Child to Adult Proportions
__________________
LDiehl Site
LDiehl Blog


 
Old 03 March 2007   #8
Thank you Laura, that helps.

Originally Posted by LDiehl: Here's a Loomis page I've printed out for myself more times than I can recall. I'm sure it's also on the internet somewhere, but I had this copy on my harddrive so I thought I'd share:

Child to Adult Proportions
 
Old 03 March 2007   #9
That's exactly what I need! Thank you!!

Originally Posted by Rebeccak: Someone just found a great reference site, and I found this:

http://www.the-blueprints.com/modul...iew.php?nr=3338

http://www.the-blueprints.com/modul...iew.php?nr=3340

Definitely check out this site:

http://www.the-blueprints.com/index.../humans/humans/
 
Old 04 April 2007   #10
I was thumbing through reference books at a local bookstore and found this book had a chapter with a two year old child


The Human Figure: A Photographic Reference for Artists (Paperback)
http://www.amazon.ca/Human-Figure-P...76774488&sr=1-9
__________________
Joel Mongeon
Character Artist
 
Old 04 April 2007   #11
thank you!

Originally Posted by plunq: I was thumbing through reference books at a local bookstore and found this book had a chapter with a two year old child


The Human Figure: A Photographic Reference for Artists (Paperback)
http://www.amazon.ca/Human-Figure-P...76774488&sr=1-9
 
Old 04 April 2007   #12
Originally Posted by plunq: I was thumbing through reference books at a local bookstore and found this book had a chapter with a two year old child


The Human Figure: A Photographic Reference for Artists (Paperback)
http://www.amazon.ca/Human-Figure-P...76774488&sr=1-9

Hehe - my folks got that for me when I young - I had no idea it was still in print. I still have it somewhere I think. A good reference source for sure.
__________________

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
Website:
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles






 
Old 04 April 2007   #13
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.