help needed for Sub-D character modeling please

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2003   #1
help needed for Sub-D character modeling please

Hi all you lightwavers

I am a long time Max user. I have always had this little secret. I have always wanted to get into Lightwave in some shape or form. I think I'll always usee Max in some form or other.But it's time I go for Lightwave--------

My main thing or interest is modeling,characters for the most part. I understand Sub-D modeling is the best in Lightwave?Why is this,is it really that much better than Max sub-D modeling,and why?
Where can I get the best full from scratch type tut's on Sub-D modeling within Lightwave .
I mean starting out with a BOX and going from there type tut's.
Thanks for hearing me out,and for any guidance.

Old 02 February 2003   #2
UserDeltas modeling videos are pretty cool.

There are others at the Newteks site also.

Old 02 February 2003   #3
www.evil-plan.com
There are good modeling tutorials by Todd Grimes, I think they are usefull for the begginers to understand Lightave.

Old 02 February 2003   #4
Re: help needed for Sub-D character modeling please

Quote: Originally posted by Steveyola
Hi all you lightwavers

I am a long time Max user. I have always had this little secret. I have always wanted to get into Lightwave in some shape or form. I think I'll always usee Max in some form or other.But it's time I go for Lightwave--------

My main thing or interest is modeling,characters for the most part. I understand Sub-D modeling is the best in Lightwave?Why is this,is it really that much better than Max sub-D modeling,and why?
Where can I get the best full from scratch type tut's on Sub-D modeling within Lightwave .
I mean starting out with a BOX and going from there type tut's.
Thanks for hearing me out,and for any guidance.

I have a whole course that deals with this, complete with online support and hours of lecture on CD. You can get information on the course atL http://www.splinegod.com/profession...cterseries.html
Heres an example of some of the work done by one of my students, Peter Duncan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg victorian.jpg (19.3 KB, 78 views)

Old 02 February 2003   #5
Steve,

Doesn't answer your question re comparisons, but try this link
http://www.members.shaw.ca/lightwav...s/Main_Menu.htm

Probably the most comprehensive list of lightwave tutorials out there and organised into various categories.

RPG

http://rpgdigital.bizhosting.com

By the way I have a dino modeling tutorial on the above site. A little outdated now, but maybe worth a look.

Old 02 February 2003   #6
A big thanks to you all for the help.It's very much appreaciated.All the links are very much welcome and needed.Time to get digging into them.Thanks again very much.

Old 01 January 2006   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread