Dominance War II: Manimatron82

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2007   #1
Dominance War II: Manimatron82

Hi. I'm pretty new here, but my friend at work gave me the heads-up that the Dominance War was back. I'm used to watching from the sidelines, so here goes. It's been a while since I've modeled. Let me know what you think about the concepts I'm going with...

Rough Sketches...

Initial Painting...

2nd Draft...

weeee!!! ...and we're off!

Old 02 February 2007   #2
Really nice initial sketches you made there. They really helped you find a cool character. The additional crystals added to his back in your 2nd version really helped depict his feeling of power even more. If your sketches are this good, I can only imagine what your final 3d entry will look like. I am really looking forward to seeing your progress.

Good Luck

Old 02 February 2007   #3
Very cool sketch, glad to see you here finally on the boards I like the fact that he's like some golem/giant-ish character. He looks like a slugger to me, something almost like a berserker that would dive right into battle. The crystals are a cool addition to the rock like structures all over his body, and give a good contrast between highly reflective surfaces and dull surfaces. Keep up the good work man!

Old 02 February 2007   #4
He looks like something that could be a Draenei lands monster on wow, with all the crystal stuff. Which is pretty cool IMO. Welcome to the boards and Good Luck!

Old 02 February 2007   #5
Thanks guys! I've never played WOW, but I can imagine they have some sort of burly rock creatures in there. They've got a good style going with that game. I'm hoping to do some concept stuff of his backside and then start roughing out a model this weekend. We'll see how much I can get done.

Old 02 February 2007   #6
love it can't wait to see what you do with the crystals

Old 02 February 2007   #7
cool stuff man. good luck for the comp.

Old 02 February 2007   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread