From dust to geometry

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2007
From dust to geometry

Hi folks!

I'm creating a logo for someone, but to impress a bit more i like to build it up from dust/sand laying on the ground.

So i was thinking, i need to brake down the geometry and let it fall on the ground. Then render back to front to get the desired effect.

But are there any tutorials for this? I have little experience with particles but i can remember seeing some sort of tutorial for this. If anyone could atleast tell me what kind of particle system i need i could start fiddling around with it.

If anyone knows some other tutorial to make a cool effect on the logo feel free to post it. I'd like to do atleast something else with the logo then just spin it. And i have to sent it in tomorow (i hope i can stretch it till after the weekend).

Thnx in advance!

02 February 2007
allan mackay has a disintegration tutorial on his website.

you could indeed render the animaiton foreward and flip it in post...if you have the toolbox#1 at hand you should give "find target" a try

kind regards

anselm

02 February 2007
Hi, thnx for the info!

I looked at some tutorials and with some fiddling i could make the "desired" effect. That is i made the logo turn in to dust that is blown away.

I rendered that to tga sequence and tried to switch the frames so it plays in reverse. But i could not find that option. So is there somewhere a simple "freeware" program to reverse the frames? And/or... but rather and... is there a way to render out the sequence backworths in max?

02 February 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread