Need help wif modelling this!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2007
Need help wif modelling this!

Hi Guys,

I require some help with modelling this pic.
Currently working on this image.

Any ideas on how to model the pipes surrounding the building? Is there some sort of a script to gen the pipes out? I wish to keep the polygon count low.

Platform is 3DS Max.

Really appreciate any advise or help.

Thank you.

02 February 2007
Maxscript could probably do that but I have no clue how to with that. What you COULD try, is when you select a cylinder as your primitive, reduce the sides to around 8 or 10. That way it still keeps it's shape but it's relatively low-poly. Just place that on the side of the building and if you need to move some verts, connect edges and move those new verts just so you have a nice curve on it. I hope that helped. If not, e-mail me and I'll try to expand on it and provide a few pictures, maybe even model a bit of it.

02 February 2007
no scripting needed. you would like tu use the loft from the compound objects. or a nurbs loft. Or simply draw the splines and make them renderable, asign a radius and radial segments.

02 February 2007
very simple solution

a very simple solution (for fast / ugly results
select the object (that factory house) copy it scale it litle bit (make it bigger)
and aply lattice modif. welll, thats very simple, but might be it could work as a starting point, i dono, test it

04 April 2007
Originally Posted by E.M.P.E.R.O.R.: no scripting needed. you would like tu use the loft from the compound objects. or a nurbs loft. Or simply draw the splines and make them renderable, asign a radius and radial segments.

I would go for the solution of the renderable splines, too.
I had to model something similar, aslo it wasn't that compley, for work and the renderable splines just worked perfect and were also fast to create

04 April 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread