XSI 6 - Biped export to directx

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2007
XSI 6 - Biped export to directx

I have been trying to do a simple biped rigging, enveloping it to the default Body - Man, and then exporting it out to a directx file. The issue is that everything looks fine in XSI but when I export it out to a directx file and view it with the Microsoft directx viewer the fingers are always messed up. I have tried it with and without an animation but the result is always the same. I am not sure if I have a wrong setting during the export or if I must modify some control on the biped before exporting. Any ideas?

02 February 2007
Talking workaround

Well, I sort of found a round about solution. Something must be really messed up with the XSI v6 biped. I noticed that I didn't even have the poses tab when I hit F3, just Selection, Reset and Hands. So I ended up going back to XSI v4.2 and exporting out just a biped rig as an .emdl file and bringing it into XSI v6. It works like a dream and I even get the poses tab with it. I don't know a whole lot about scripting or expressions or whatever may be different between the two bipeds but I plan I using the v4.2 biped in v6 until they come out with a patch.

Last edited by niemanMDJ : 02 February 2007 at 07:22 PM. Reason: typo

02 February 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread