Detail dissapear

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2007
Detail dissapear

I've started to work on a picture with some clothing in it and just started out with highlightning and shadowing it, be when I saved the file and send to a friend, he claimed the clothing to be completely black, without any highlights/shadowing. This happend in all formats, even the .psd file appear like that. Same thing happends if I save the file as any format, but everything looks alright when I work with the .psd file.

Any ideas what happend?

Please visit my album:
http://marzocchi05.deviantart.com/

01 January 2007
sounds like different monitor setups (in terms brightness/contrast) to me.

01 January 2007
Originally Posted by Skjoldbroder: sounds like different monitor setups (in terms brightness/contrast) to me.

But then how come the details dissapear when I save the image as a jpg, tif or png and try to view it on my own computer?

Please visit my album:

01 January 2007
ah, sorry - I guess I misunderstood.

Does the psd file have an embedded colour profile that would brighten stuff up? If it's only the psd file that has the appropriate look that would explain it. (look in the 'edit' menu under colour settings / profiles) - the photoshop help file can elaborate a bit more on what profiles are.

/M

01 January 2007
Originally Posted by Skjoldbroder: ah, sorry - I guess I misunderstood.

Does the psd file have an embedded colour profile that would brighten stuff up? If it's only the psd file that has the appropriate look that would explain it. (look in the 'edit' menu under colour settings / profiles) - the photoshop help file can elaborate a bit more on what profiles are.

/M

Your right, it's set to North American General Purpose instead of Monitor color.

Is there anyway to save the image as an .jpg .png or so without having to redo the whole picture with the Monitor color selected?

Thanks a bunch anyway

Please visit my album:

01 January 2007
try going under image > mode and applying a new color profile.

01 January 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread