Jurassic Park Jeep, Brianellebracht (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2003   #1
Vehicle: New Jurassic Park Jeep

Let me know what you think, it just made front page of CG Channel! There is a problem with my site though, and its taking forever to download, so I will post the animation as soon as Sherweb fixes the problem. Thanks,
Brian

If you can't wait for the image to apear, try out these links to download the animation.

Jeep animation

Old 02 February 2003   #2
Here's another one, THanks,
Brian

Old 02 February 2003   #3
not working

EDITED 10 MINS LATER: Finally working - it took like 10 mins to load the image even with high speed..... but its unbelievable, superb. The lighting is just right.

Old 02 February 2003   #4
I am now having some trouble with Sherweb since it got on the front page
:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

they said that they are working on it, hopefully it will be fixed asap. Sorry for the inconvience. thanks,
Brian

Old 02 February 2003   #5
Totally awsome buddy.

Usual question: What did u use to make it?

How did u get the lighting to match that of the still? And did u model a plane to match the ground for the mattes shadow?

One suggestion, get rid of the noise filter - rather than blending the image seamless, it looks too fake.

Great work.

Like to see more!!!

Old 02 February 2003   #6
Awesome stuff Brian. You matched the lighting very good. Imho , if you remove the jurassic park logo from the jeep it'll be much more realistic.

and I think you should write a complaint to your webhost , it took 10 minutes for the image to load.

<Edit> Plugged you at the front page , let me know if sherweb suffocates again , i'll take it down.

Ali

Old 02 February 2003   #7
I know it sucks... :( I contacted them and they said that they were working on it... Well, if you have time to download it, here is an animation with the jeep. I compressed it tons due to the slow rate of my site right now, and I might make it better later. The full version is really clear, and it is 720X480. Hope you can spend the time to download it. THanks,
Brian

Jeep animation.avI

Old 02 February 2003   #8
This is most definitely award material if I can remember correctly. I'm still downloading it, but if it stands up to what I remember it will be added to the cgtalk hall of fame we need more vehicles. And from there you can link it without interuptions.

salud

Old 02 February 2003   #9
This is a critique board, so don't take these too hard:

I don't think the lighting is matched all that well. At first glance, sure, but look again. Under the photo of the big rock's underside it is darker, but not black of course, but under your Jeep and wheel wells and other parts it is pitch black. That wouldn't happen in this location especially at this time of day. Especially with the rollbars.

Model wise, the rims and axle are not beveled enough. You are getting an unrealistic sharpness that throws off the whole look of the wheels.

The specular on the Jeeps lights and the rollbars are off. They are too flat overall and would also need a more concentrated light accent.

Good job though.

Old 02 February 2003   #10
im downloading your animation...665 bytes per second...hope its good looking from ur pics, great work.

Old 02 February 2003   #11
Better?

Now better?
Here some "50mb" for you http://members.lycos.co.uk/brianellebracht/...
For pas write PM (If sure you want...)

Old 02 February 2003   #12
wow! That's a REALLY nice work!

Old 02 February 2003   #13
Wow cool YJ, im also modeling a YJ, wondering if you used blueprints if so were did ya find them? lighting is great.
there is one thing that i noticed, most of the time people go 4x4ing they drop there tire presure(for better grip) a little more buldge in the bottum of the tires would look more realistic.

Old 02 February 2003   #14
Thanks!! Sorry about the lighting and such. To be honest, after rendering these images, I really only spent about 5 min each compositing them, so I agree that they still need some work. Hope you like the animation besides the bad compression. I spent alot of time on that so please take a look, its the jeep going over a hill that I videotaped. Thanks for all of your replies!!
Brian

Old 02 February 2003   #15
No, sorry no blueprints. Belive me, I looked everywhere and I just can't find any of this model, or any other of a jeep actually. Luckly, my Cousin has this Jeep, a red one, and I used my digital Camera to take alot of photos for reference. I found this much easier to model than a car because of all of the flat surfaces. Thanks,
Brian

BTW Thanks LilDragon!! I have been trying really hard to get on the front page for quite some time now. Were you able to check out the animation??

Thread Closed share thread