Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Tomasz Jedruszek

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2007
Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Tomasz Jedruszek

Tomasz Jedruszek is entered in the "Eon Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Render: Frant

01 January 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: FRAN

Since we have a little more time , I think it is good reason to start another category in that challenge. Without any further explainmention I wish to present my Fran concept. I've been thinking about this person while I was working on EON trailer however it never has a chace to take a part in my movie .

01 January 2007

IM thinking about small ,dark room , cold steel, glass and a tall , thin siluete of a "man" comming forward us from dark shadow into light beam. or the same set but sitting on the chair.

01 January 2007

Im not a modeler , but since a while I've been diging in that matter a little -so this 3D section of EON challege is a kind of test to my skills. Let see if I will pass it. Im going to use 3DMax and ZBrush

01 January 2007
I can't wait to see your progress with this one.. Great sketches, should be good.
I hope you make the deadline, despite the fact your only testing your skills.
Good luck.

01 January 2007
Witam
Respect for your attitude to this. It's a great concept!
I hope you will finish it some day, if not on time of course, which I'm whishing you.
good luck

01 January 2007
I like the way you thinking.
Interesting concept!!!

01 January 2007
Modeling: FRAN

first attempt to modeling, 2000 polys at tis moment ,lot of work with proportions and match to concept

01 January 2007

still wish to keep this concept matching to model as much as possible,but mesh starts to live its own life - the character get ears - i wasn't thinking about this while doing my scetch but with earch it looks more realistic and more inteligent. Defenetly that was my idea form the begging to make this person inteligent ,dignify and calm looking.

01 January 2007

420 thousands of polys.. my (new, god damned!) computer starts to making strange noices . I was hopeing it will sustain 1 milion ...will see. Forgot to say the previous one was 12 K.
Charackter is still looking quite scary without eyes but hey , is not finished yet.

01 January 2007
Shading (Textured and lit): Frant

4h 51 mins left... ha ha. I guess all Your "hals" and "sals9100" working same hard as mine right now. The final render will take about 2 hours yet, so meanwhile i will send couple milestones Ive been doing last two days - and when I m saying "last" Im really mean it.
Here's my scene ,the chair is still empty...

01 January 2007

Im trying to put him in some nice pose here... hard task

01 January 2007
Post Effects and Compositing: Frant

Ok, I choose this one, from a bunch of others less or more intersting. BUt it is no time to be so picky. All I have to do is to replace lowpoly model with hi res (1200000 p ) and textured (base colors in Zbrush and postprocessed in 3DMax) , switch-on the fabric coat on his shoulders (+another 400 K polys) and ...render. Actually I makeing pre-render now, will see if something would need to be corrected and If I will have some time to another version.

01 January 2007

here it is texture to fabric Im going to use on Frant's coat.

01 January 2007
Final Render: Frant

Software: 3ds max,ZBrush

I wonder how strong my PC should be to work fluently with models about 1-2 milion polys + scene+ lights+ shaders... ahh nevermind ,dream on.

Im working now on 64bit Athlon 2400 dual +2Gigs RAM - which suppose to be 3 times faster than my old machine , well it's NOT . Im just saying this if someone plan to buy new hardware to improve his work. Only one imporvement I've noticed are games :) and as we all knew - all games are just a waste of time ,aren't they? well maybe except COD.... and maybe M2TW... or EU2 ... HoID... IL-2S-1946...

Play Video >>

Thread Closed share thread