Wanted Lightwave Artist? Ever?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2003
Wanted Lightwave Artist? Ever?

Just curious, I am totaly new to the field. And outside of a couple previous clients wanting LW models of my designs (I am a 2D illustrator for them) I have noticed nigh of head nor hair of Lightwave inquieries on really any 3D site that hosts "job boards".

Is this a rare thing? What is the primary target clientele?

Games? Movies? Commercials? EFX?

Not trying to create anykind of intrerigating wave, I just want to see if I am further niching myself (SF/F RPG artist by trade as it is).

Comments?

Much appreciated

02 February 2003
You are better off knowing more than one progam. I learned maya first and now where I work all I use is lightwave. I think you should learn one package as your core package and then still know how to use some of the other major packages.

-tim

02 February 2003
There's a decent amount of Lightwave work around. Less freelance than in-house, but still enough to keep lots of us busy.

Flay is a great place to look for LW contracts or positions. You won't find much on most job boards though.

02 February 2003
knowledge and skill is the hard part in all endeavors...software is easy.

02 February 2003
Quote: Flay is a great place to look for LW contracts or positions.

I went and was amazed at the initial posts. There were 3 right on the front page. Thanks for the link!

And certainly knowledge & skill is a main component, program does not an artist make. I certainly have seen some of the results in the 2D digital realm (say you got an extra Lense Flare?) heh, anyway I certainly understand where your coming from. I was a traditional oil painter for 12 years before I went completely digital.

I even worked with Deep 3D for a year, kept crashing the computer (only ahd 128 MB of Ram then, over a gig now).

So I am very grateful for the responses and the help/insights, and I certainly hope to post a model attempt in about a month (?)

Thanks all

Shane

02 February 2003
When I was out in California and New York recently alot of LightWave houses were looking for artists and animators.....Should be a good year for LW artists.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread