Modo and Geforce..4200ti

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2007
Modo and Geforce..4200ti

i know this has been discusses here, and i even read a thread on modo and diver, i just couldnt locate the solution to Geforce 4200ti cards, is there any?
since as soon as i launch modo, it says an error has occured(send report thingy)...so is this the card problem or some other?
or i have to switch the card? if so which one?
i have 1 gig ram, 2.4 ghz processor...
thanks!

01 January 2007
Have you installed the lastest video driver from www.nvidia.com ?

01 January 2007
wow!!...Thanks alot ..i saved a few bucks i guess...is there something i can do to test that modo wont do any other problems due to my old hardware? , since i dont know much on modo yet, i dont want any interuptions while i am learning, so i need to make sure that if my card can support it to some level, while i work. Or should i switch to some other card.

Thanks once again!!...

01 January 2007
I havent tested with that card, so I cannot be 100% sure, as you might not be able to activate the advanced opengl features.

These are used to display normal maps and used extensively while painting in opengl.

You'll see a little tab in your viewport - it might say Texture or even Wireframe currently - if you click this and Advanced Open GL is grayed out, you wont have this feature using that card.

Cheers.

Last edited by Phil Lawson : 01 January 2007 at 10:00 AM.

01 January 2007
yup thats grayed out...do u have a suggestion to updgrade to which card? keeping in considertation the processor and something tht will allow me to use the Adv openGL, its an AGP 8X slot that i have. Something better that 4200ti but fits the current hardware.

thanks!

01 January 2007
Add 1gb ram (~$100) and a 6600gt agp (~$100 - link ) and watch your computer fly That card is second tier two generations ahead of yours, one gen behind current top. Should be pretty good bang for the buck.

I have 2gb ram, similar processor speed and a 6800 ultra, no problems in 3d. Ram probably isn't required, but it makes a big difference to me and I refuse to run without at least 1.5gb.

.::
www.leinart.com

.::www.oddbeatinc.com

01 January 2007
That is interesting. I have an asus ti4200 here and it does launch with modo.

01 January 2007
Originally Posted by Steve McRae: That is interesting. I have an asus ti4200 here and it does launch with modo.

yes since i updated my driver from nivida, it works fine now..the only thing is the openGL, option disabled for the paint thingy

02 February 2007
Originally Posted by vonLein: I have 2gb ram, similar processor speed and a 6800 ultra, no problems in 3d.

I have a similar set up .. I have the 6800xt .. runs nicely. Altho I have noticed a few update problems to do with materials and painting. I was wondering if the ATI cards are supported better, the reason I ask this is because Ive seen ATI advertise on the Luxology site ..

02 February 2007
To be honest, both cards work about the same. ATi sponsored an event, which is why they're brand is advertised on the site - I'm sure if nvidia provided some funds for it, they would have got the same treatment.

Cheers.

02 February 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread