Digital Construction Sunset, Christopher Heier (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2007   #1
Digital Construction Sunset, Christopher Heier (3D)

Title: Digital Construction Sunset
Name: Christopher Heier
Software: Maya

This image was generated as part of a work in progress project. I have been building a house digitally from the ground up, from putting in the 2x4's, to throwing the plywood on the walls. I was in the process of putting the plywood on the walls and roof, when I figured I would grab a couple images for work in progress updates. Then I got this image, rendered in the sunset. I thought that this was such a beautiful image that I had to consider this one a piece of complete imagery, even though the project itself isn't complete. This image was rendered in Maxwell Render 1.1.

Tycrid Platform Technologies Inc.

Old 01 January 2007   #2
Cool image, and kind of a fun, if obsessive project. To crit, it's pretty easy to notice the texture repetition in the 2x4s.

-J.

My hat it has three corners.

Old 01 January 2007   #3
It looks very realistic. As jeremy said, the wood texture is very obviously repeated, and also that amount of DOF generally creates the effect of a macro shot on a much smaller scale than this. But still, beautiful rendering, materials, composition, etc.

Old 01 January 2007   #4
I wish you would change the focus of the camera so that the DOF would blur the portion at the back rather than the front...

Professional Blog | My Website

Old 01 January 2007   #5
Nice Image Chris. I like the DOF the way it is. Beautiful Light here. How long have you used Maya?

Old 01 January 2007   #6
I can try playing around with the focal distance and f-stops a little more, but I don't think I'll be doing that any time soon. I personally like the focus the way it is, but thanks for the comments.
Originally Posted by Paint Guy: Nice Image Chris. I like the DOF the way it is. Beautiful Light here. How long have you used Maya?

I've been using Maya off and on for about 3 or 4 years. More off than on, but over the last few months, I've ben focusing on getting myself more up to speed on it.

Tycrid Platform Technologies Inc.

Old 01 January 2007   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread