unwrap

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2003
Question unwrap

I don't like unwrapping by hand so which package, plugin or painter has the best unwrapper?

02 February 2003
Smile

Download the demo of Deep UV from Right Hemisphere.

www.righthemisphere.com/products/duv/

It has the best set of UV tools available including automatic unwrapping and auto packing.

You should also check out a great book called "2D Artwork and 3D Modeling for Game Artists". It has some really good tutorials on how to use Deep UV.

02 February 2003
Thanks a lot, I will try DeepUV!

But is the book realy a help for me since I saw the second part is about game programming I thought the tutorials could be too game oriented.

02 February 2003
About half the book is on UV mapping while another large portion of the book is on painting textures in Deep Paint 3D and Photoshop. There is a small section on how to export a game model to a game engine but it is in no way the focus of the book.

Also although the tutorials cover mapping a game model the techniques that you will learn can be applied to any model of any polygon count. I guess it is a lot easier to focus on learning the techniques with a low poly model and then apply what you learnt to a high poly model.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread