Best Way to Take a Screenshot

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2006
Best Way to Take a Screenshot

Hey. I'm still very much an amateur when it comes to cg, so I apologize. Anyways, I was wondering what the best way for taking a screenshot of a model and/or texturing on Maya would be. I've been just doing shift, print screen then pasting it on photoshop mostly. I also have rendered some of my stuff but I have the problem of my renders having a black background. Also if I try to use the snapshot option in the render window it switches the rendered image to a wireframe and doesn't ask me to save it. So what should I do? I am using Maya 8.0 if that helps. Thanks.

12 December 2006
Render out as a *.png file. When you load it into photoshop the background should be gone and you can comp away.

Might I ask what compositing application you're using, as that could help me be more specific. If you're using something other than Photoshop the black background isn't a problem at all. Even in photoshop it's not a problem, but can be kind of a hastle, especially for someone new so I won't confuse you by walking you through how to get rid of it.

12 December 2006
Thanks for the help. I am using Photoshop 7.

12 December 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread