Fur problem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2006   #1
Unhappy Fur problem

This is my first post But i have a problem happening with MAYA fur. I'm working on a character, and i'm using Renderman in MAYA 7 to render (I can not deviate from using anything else, also all files are in .tga format) The fur has 2 attribute maps for baldness and length. They are rendering fine, but the colors are not. Patches of fur will appear black or grey while other parts will appear normally. There is not a color map. This problem occurs in Renderman only. The colors come out correct in maya software. Also in Renderman the fur's direction is also reversed. Now we used maya software for a test, the project is being compiled in a renderman scene. Even our TD is stumped on this one. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
This is what I want it to look like (Maya software was used for this)

This is what I'm getting in renderman. Again thanks in advance.

Old 12 December 2006   #2
did you try to bake fur map before each change ? is your map a perfect square size? (like 512x512....), use a tif map ...

try this and tell us if it's better.

Old 12 December 2006   #3
I tried baking it, but the same problem exists. And I can't deviate from using .tga files either :/ But thanks for the suggestion!

Old 12 December 2006   #4
the fur normals sems to be in wrong direction... check that maybe a painting fur attribute coulmd solve some problem with direction and so on...

Old 12 December 2006   #5
What shader are you using on the fur?

pmsc.

You can have your characters photoreal, fast or cheap. Pick two.

Old 12 December 2006   #6
I was using the default bear, but now it seams to be working. I don't know how, i don't know why, but it's working. very odd...But thank you all for your help and suggestions!

Old 12 December 2006   #7
probably another windows users !!! some problem appears with renderman in windows I don't know why, but it's strange... it's cool if everything is working now.

Old 12 December 2006   #8
Believe me! i wish i wasn't working on a windows, but they're making me T.T i am a Mac person through and through!

Old 12 December 2006   #9
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread