10.5 nice renders but slow

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2003   #1
Thumbs down 10.5 nice renders but slow

10.5 is looking great! Very stable to!!! What used to knock Hash out in 9.x 10.5 stays up. Yeah! The renders are nice to. I did one that used Multi pass - I think the 9 or 16 setting - and the image was nice but it took like 20+ minutes. Yikes! Just imaging doin a animation like that. Better have a bunch of pc's. Nice improvement. I know its a lot to ask - but can they spped up the render to?

Old 02 February 2003   #2
nice renders?

I just uninstalled v10.5 last night. I know it's Beta and all, but scenes that looked awesome in v10 looked so washed out in 10.5 that they were almost unwatchable. I played around with the settings but I kept getting washed out images that took 3 times as long to render as v10.

I went ahead and got my upgrade to v10 because I heard that good things were in store for the renderer. Now I'm worried, but the stability is much, MUCH better than v9.

I still say stability and a renderer are all that AM needs right now. Let's hope they follow the advice that got me kicked off the mailing list a while back and follow Caligaru's lead. Liscence the Lightwave rendering engine and put the R&D work into stability and fixing the features they already have.

Old 02 February 2003   #3
Bugzilla,

Caligari has the Lightworks renderer, not the Lightwave renderer.

Old 01 January 2006   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread