Eon (Illustration) Entry: Marley Mcleay

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2006
Eon (Illustration) Entry: Marley Mcleay

Marley Mcleay is entered in the "Eon Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Significance of the way?

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

B-MOVIE

NVart Competition

KING
PHARAOH
GOLIATH

12 December 2006
ok, im in..i had to 'interloan' the book from the wellington library. It is pretty good isn't it..so far, very rudimentary sketches, i'll post em soon.

well good luck to myself, im sure i'll need it hahaha.
XD..

even though im late, good luck everyone!

cheers

Marley

12 December 2006
Concept Art: axis concept

just getting myself used to the concept here..an axis..

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

B-MOVIE

NVart Competition

KING
PHARAOH
GOLIATH

12 December 2006
Concept Art: barrier

I remember reading a segment about an energy barrier which was like liquid, it was just as they came up to nader for the first time..hmm, interesting showing my pieces this early X/.

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

B-MOVIE

NVart Competition

KING
PHARAOH
GOLIATH

12 December 2006
Concept Art: Tarzan

A sketch with a bit more time devoted to it. There are a few possibilities with this one. Will experiment with extending the canvas either way. Nothing solidified in terms of story narration, still playing ^^.

cheers

Marley

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

B-MOVIE

NVart Competition

KING
PHARAOH
GOLIATH

12 December 2006
Ok a slight issue with viewing peoples artwork. I get about 3/4 of the main artwork loaded then the entire thread stops loading..refresh is pretty much useless im afraid (using latest firefox and IE)..owell off to try and sort this out ^^.

Marley

12 December 2006
hey Marley
You definately have some mileage with this last sketch but i am quite keen on the second also. I am liking the strong perspective in all.

Good Luck
Sean

12 December 2006
I really like your last sketch. It is very fantasy like, specially because of the colors. Maybe you should bring the perspective a little to the center like you did in the others.

12 December 2006
I really like the latest sketch too. Nice designs, just don't forget theres two cubes between the maltese cross and the Buffer section which attaches to Axis Nader.

12 December 2006
Thats great, thanks very much everyone, i am liking the last one aswell, i took me 2hrs maybe to whip this up, by no means fast, but by my standards, thats quite fast for me XD.

Yea, i actually have two cubes there, but i placed the maltese cross on the wrong end. so will re-work it when i get once i get into a final version..Many thanks for commenting!!.

Marley

12 December 2006
nice sketches, I like the colors on the last one .. I have the loading problem also, I figured it was because of my rotten dial up connection. Refresh will work, sometimes you just have to refresh about 3 times to get the whole picture to load.

12 December 2006
Great sketchwork, Marley, and very individual as well: just from the thumbnail I knew it was you.

I'll join the chorus of approuval for the last one, love how you show the scale and how 'alien' the environment looks even with very familiar shapes (for instance the Malta cross) composing it.
Looking forward to seeing your progress!

12 December 2006
Concept Art: extended tarzan

well have spent an hour and a bit extending out, have also flipped the imge...I can see potential, this way for sure. cool, gettin more comments.

I am on a 56k modem aswell, so perhaps this is it :(..well i'll regularly visit my local net cafe then ^^.

cheers everyone.

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

B-MOVIE

NVart Competition

KING
PHARAOH
GOLIATH

12 December 2006
Just would like to add that this is by no means "final" in design, but i am liking the perspective, so that may stay.

ohh and tizziano, yea i actually went around a few garage sales yesterday and spotted a cross on a mini cup holder, so i grabbed it for 2 bucks and went with it. haha. i really liked its shape!.

Many thanks again everyone!.

Marley

12 December 2006
Hey Marley! Looking good! I love your use of colour, and perspective. Great work so far!

Thread Closed share thread