Rigging101 Ik_Joe

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2006   #1
Rigging101 Ik_Joe

Hi all,

I am currently learning how to animate in XSI and dowloaded the Ik_Joe rig from Rigging101. I also added the tool bar. In that toolbar when I bring up sliders and move them, nothing happens. I am new to XSI and am coming from Maya to give some background. I am just wondering, am I not doing something right?

Thanks!

Old 10 October 2006   #2
Originally Posted by dude5487: Hi all,

I am currently learning how to animate in XSI and dowloaded the Ik_Joe rig from Rigging101. I also added the tool bar. In that toolbar when I bring up sliders and move them, nothing happens. I am new to XSI and am coming from Maya to give some background. I am just wondering, am I not doing something right?

Thanks!

It looks like that rig is for XSI 3.51. I would guess that some things may have changed under the hood since then and that is what is causing the problem.

Old 10 October 2006   #3
Thx for the info

Thanks for the info!

Could you possibly direct me to any rigs for XSI that are currently being used?

Old 10 October 2006   #4
There are the rigs that come with XSI, but for best results, I would really recommend building your own. Even if you are only really interested in animating, you should at least have a basic knowledge of rigging, so you can fix any problems that pop up when animating.

Old 10 October 2006   #5
For sure

I totally agree. I can do that in Maya, but don't have a lot of experience in XSI. I guess the best way to know how is to just do it. So here I go...ill keep u posted on my progress.

Old 10 October 2006   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread