CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Eon (Trailer)
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-27-2006, 08:06 AM   #1
fendell

portfolio
Neil Fendell
dalebrook
Witham, United Kingdom

Eon (Trailer) Entry: Neil Fendell

Neil Fendell is entered in the "Eon Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Initial idea

Old 10-27-2006, 08:24 AM   #2
fendell

portfolio
Neil Fendell
dalebrook
Witham, United Kingdom

Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Initial idea

Here’s one of my first ideas that came to me when considering the challenge. I wanted something simple that would convey the idea of the journey, from Earth to ‘the stone’. Have a look at this extremely rough storyboard and please don’t hesitate to comment.

I like the way everything points upward (the vehicle – the shuttle – the camera). The only thing I’m not sure about, would the stone be large enough in the story, to eclipse the sun?
But it would give a dramatic effect!

Comments please.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:50 AM   #3
steven-pendrous
Veteran

portfolio
Steven Pendrous
3D Product Designer
London, United Kingdom

Hi Fendell,

I really like this idea... particularly the single, continuous camera movement. I think it could be a very 'clean' looking composition, and with the right camera FOV, could look extremely dramatic! What sort of medium are you planning to use... 2D / 3D / 3D & Live action?

Good luck with this... look forward to seeing more!!!

Steve

Secret Agent Challenge - WIP
EON Challenge - WIP

Old 10-27-2006, 10:11 AM   #4
fendell

portfolio
Neil Fendell
dalebrook
Witham, United Kingdom

Thanks Steve

And thanks for asking the million dollar question: what medium are you planning to use? I was hoping no one would ask as I really don’t know. I might try using a bit of live action which for some reason no one is doing. But mainly, ‘anyway I possibly can’ including, Drawing / 3D / Video – who knows?

Sound a bit like a messy plan, but until I really get stuck in, I’m just not sure.

I want my trailer to have a lot of suspense and not to give too much away. I know some people are going for an all action fast pace trailer, but I want mine to be slower and mysterious. But exactly how ill achieve this, I don’t yet know.

Old 10-27-2006, 12:07 PM   #5
fifty3dragons
Know-it-All

portfolio
Wade White
Animator
Port Williams, Canada

Send a message via AIM to fifty3dragons
Welcome to the challenge. Nice first post. You obviously have a good idea of where you're going with it.

As for the eclipse question, I think in the real world it depends on the size of the object and the relative distances between viewer, object, and sun. But regardless of the answer to all that, I say if it looks cool for the trailer (which it would), then go with it!

Looking forward to seeing more.

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Old 10-27-2006, 02:50 PM   #6
OZ
2d,3d,all is good 4 me!

portfolio
Fabio Oscar Corica
2d 3d modeler and animator
Florence, Italy

wellcome in! I agree with steven about the continuous cam movement...It must be interesting to see.So...keep it up!

B-movie

Old 10-27-2006, 03:11 PM   #7
fendell

portfolio
Neil Fendell
dalebrook
Witham, United Kingdom

Thanks

Apologies if this following message is posted twice, but I am new to the site and my reply to Steven has not shown up yet, so I’m posting it again…

Thanks Steve

And thanks for asking the million dollar question: what medium are you planning to use? I was hoping no one would ask as I really don’t know. I might try using a bit of live action which for some reason no one is doing. But mainly, ‘anyway I possibly can’ including, Drawing / 3D / Video – who knows?

Sound a bit like a messy plan, but until I really get stuck in, I’m just not sure.

I want my trailer to have a lot of suspense and not to give too much away. I know some people are going for an all action fast pace trailer, but I want mine to be slower and mysterious. But exactly how ill achieve this, I don’t yet know.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:23 PM   #8
targus
Frequenter

portfolio
D V
Ukraine

Have a good luck in this challenge.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:23 PM   #9
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread