|10 October 2006||#1|
Art Insititute of Seattle
Join Date: Jul 2006
anyone out there that models buildings could possibly point me in the right direction on like maybe phases of building creation? like basic cube? then windows? everything else piping maybe? maybe just need the order on which people make there buildings look that much better? thanks
|11 November 2006||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2006
For a VERY basic building:
1. Create a cube. This will be your floor(s)
2. Flatten it until you are comfortable with the thickness of the floor.
3. Duplicate it for the amount of floors you want, and put approximately 3-4 metres betweeen the floors vertically.
4. Duplicate it one more time for the ceiling.
5. Create another cube, and make it as tall as the space between floors.
6. Adjust how thick you want the wall.
7.Make walls for all floors, remembering spaces for windows and doors.
8.The holes you have made for windows and doors reach from bottom to top. To fix that, duplicate a wall, keep it's thickness the same, but adjust it's height, and place it on the floor so it fits.
9.Then duplicate that one, and put it on the ceilign of that floor. Do the same for all floors.
10. You should now have a building with holes for windows and doors.
11. For windows, create a cube, and adjust it's height and length to fit the hole you made for the windows in Steps 8-9. Make it's thickness very thin, at about 1 cm.
12. Duplicate the window, make it's height about 5cm, and make it thicker, about 3 cm. This will be part of the frame.
13. Place the frame part at the bottom of the window ledge.
14. Duplicate it, and place one at the top.
15. Duplicate the window again, make it's thickness 3cm, it's length 5cm and leave the height.
16. Place it one the side of the window next to the wall,
17.Duplicate it, and place it on the other side of the window.
18. Repeat steps 11-17 for all the holes you made for windows.
19. Duplicate the walls, and put them inside the building according to where you want the rooms to be, leaving holes for doors.
Unfortunately, I am unable to explain how to make good looking doors.
|Thread Closed share thread|