Ghost Rider new trailer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2006   #1
Ghost Rider new trailer

This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 10 October 2006   #2
I'm starting to look forward to the Ghostrider film now. Yeah it may not exactly be hamlet, but it looks like it'll be worth the money to go and see it.

Wayne...

Home Page - Dash Dot Slash

Old 10 October 2006   #3
I've seen the a few of the character models that were developed for Ghostrider. If the quality of the other departments is the same, this will be amazing to watch.

Old 10 October 2006   #4
Can someone post a direct link to the mov file? AOL never works on my computer :(

Old 10 October 2006   #5
Wow, i really hope they touch up most of those CG shots because man, it looks horrible. It doesn't look like the studio had much time to make it work. Most of it looks rushed.

Old 10 October 2006   #6

Old 10 October 2006   #7
Wow this looks terrible on DareDevil proportions.

I used to think Ghost Rider was cool too, shame.

Old 10 October 2006   #8
It doesnt look like a bad movie

Old 10 October 2006   #9
I love that super super slow mo shot at the end... I'm sold (and easily entertained )

Old 10 October 2006   #10
I know it will be terrible.

but i also know i will see it.
looks like a fun romp with fire and demon thingies
boring grey
normal maps yay all colors!!q

Check out my website

check out my photoblog

Old 10 October 2006   #11
You can never go wrong with bikes and demons.

Old 10 October 2006   #12
As a big GR fan (collected the comic for a fair while) this looks great to me. It could have been MUCH worse... but it actually looks pretty good.

Old 10 October 2006   #13
Huh

Are u serious... The villian alone is a terrible casting situation... Not to mention nicholas cage.. can anyway at all tell me a good film that he was in... And the CG is terriible , god awful... its a damn shame to because this had potential for a movie.. they shouldnt have gone with a standard skull and bones look but more of a new generation rotten demon man .. more like the skulls in pirates one... anyway sorry for the hostility its just a damn shame to see another daredevil quality comic movie remake... ARGH

Old 10 October 2006   #14
Quote:
...they shouldnt have gone with a standard skull and bones look but more of a new generation rotten demon man...

Rotten demon man? What the heck is that? Listen, if you're going to bag a movie, at least try and do it without making people think, "Wow, thank goodness that guy isn't in carge of design for the movie." GR looks pretty faithful to the 90's comic, and that's a lot better than any new generation design you might have in you head. End of story.

Old 10 October 2006   #15
Well

Ok u make a good point but u still cant defind that poor looking cg skull design of GR.. somethings just dont trransfer well to film. At least just dont have a default looking skull head but something more apealing.. In the comic book u dont see animation so u dont see mouth movement, for example. in any shot i have ever seen with a plane skull talking it always looks weird and non convincing.. why? because there IS NO DAMN LIPS! So like i said somethings just dont transfer well to film.. So calm down and think about what i said with a grain of salt! You are definatly right about keeping faithful to the comic book and all but at least take advantage of the ability to use film... I was able to see quite a bit of the raw footage of this movie and not to mention (it got pushed back many months because of the poor screening test it was getting back from the studios) and it definatly looked pretty bad.. The cg of ghost rider looks really bad and i dont know if it is just the beginning stages but even u cant defend that!

But i must saw the slow mo end shot does get me tingling but i don tthink its enough to pull the whole film. I do hope it is a good film though.. later
lee

Thread Closed share thread