photoshop lens blur, on animation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
photoshop lens blur, on animation

I don't know if i should have put this in the photoshop forum, but since this concerns more animation, ill post this here.

I need to make the depth blur effect to an animation.
I want to make it look GREAT, so i refuse to use the after effects' own depth blurring.
While the professional plugins are out of reach here in our school, i turned to the photoshop's lens blur, which looks great.

Ok, it's easy to use and stuff, but with an animation...
So i have (or i'm going to have) thousands of targas of the actual footage and thousands of the z-channel, so here's the question:

How do i merge the z-images to the corresponding targa images so that i can batch them through photoshop and lens blur.

(aka how to merge images to other images' alpha channel and automate it)

greets -fossa

10 October 2006
When you talk about After Effects' own depth blurring, are you talking about 7.0 or earlier? Because After Effects 7.0 has a new lens blur (that works with a z-depth), might be the same as in Photoshop?

- Jonas

10 October 2006
I unfortunately only have After Effects 6.5, and it's depth blur is just a blur, and not a photorealistic blur which makes pixels into circles/n sided shapes when blurred.
And i need that, and photoshop lens blur does that.

10 October 2006
Alternatively, is there any way to render such files from max that would have the z-depth in it itself, and also could be opened in photoshop.

10 October 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread