HARDCORE MODELING!: Frankensteins Castle <<The Castle & the Environment >>

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
whats up people.......... ??????????/

updates r coming

and theres a really awesome job by u Brazz ...........

thanks alot

10 October 2006
Smile d

cool 111111111111111111111111

10 October 2006
and also nice ones mitchell

10 October 2006
Heres a small Frankenstein home. Btw good job guys!

Last edited by DarknosAurae : 10 October 2006 at 12:53 AM.

10 October 2006
^ ^Made some changes and added details to housing. Btw great job on that well Brazz, it looks great especially with the displacment. Talk to you guys soon.

10 October 2006
Cool

Thanks Dark. Great work on that frank house there, got style.
Sorry for being so slow on the updates, I´m still rendering stuff on my pc, I´ll get around to do the pathway around the side walls of the room and board.
Btw texturing this should be a good chalenge for all of us.

keep rocking

10 October 2006
Yea I know, texturing is def gonna be a challenge especially for me , since my texturing/uv mapping skills are not that advanced. But hey Im doin this for the practice, just hoping I can make it out learning alot of new things. Anyway keep it up with the modeling your doin great, hopefully I'll get some time today or tomorrow to detail the watchtowers and add things. Ttyl.

10 October 2006
cool model there Darknos.................

iam on to work again from today................

guys it was really a busy weekend .............

10 October 2006
Hi all. Here´s the Pathway done.
I tried to add enough variations to the parts that made the side rail and ladders that lead to it. I hear frankstein likes to go upthere to enjoy the sunset hehe

-

10 October 2006
Well people the FXWARS challenge is on.

-R
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

10 October 2006
ok it's been hard posting updates as the scene is huge and takes quite a load on memory! so but heres an upadte of what it's pretty much going to look like today is the last day but theres some tweaking left i need to do with the terrain and models. All the models are complete it's now just the main scene that is being finialized. sorry i couldn't get another render but for now this is it. I had a problem with 2 models crashing the render and took me all this morning to fix it.

10 October 2006
Nice model...

Hope to see you in the FXwars.
-R
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

10 October 2006
yencaray, this is looking great.

10 October 2006
nice one...when is the due date?

10 October 2006
Final Entry

FINAL ENTRY> (ROBERT HOW DO YOU WANT US TO POST IT?)

OK here's the final renders. Yes theres NO texturing it's going to be work. But what do you think? It's not exactly a castle but upon doing research, the pics i had found of berg frankensteins home and lab which i wanted to model after wasn't really a castle more of a wall with some large buildins and two towers. But maybe i didn't have enough pics that showed the entire area. So this is how i visioned having it. There is a capel at the top left. This is where Frankensteins lab is found.
why?
Because this is how my story goes. Yes it incorrect. But since the piece is a concept so is this.
Frankenstein came upon this chapel of worship and was struck with the answer of creating life. How ironic it was that it was in a place of worship to god. So in having been given the answer he turned the abandoned chapel into his lab. Stunning that in a once holy place he creates his monster. So he built around him the buildings nessisary for his work to follow threw. and created his niche.

I wanted the chapel to have a different look in architechture then the other buildings but keep a similarity between them. and The team did so well working with this! We had a collection of pics used for modeling and i think that really helped everyone out getting ideas for there models.

It's different i hope but also welcomed.
Everyone did an awesome job on this piece and theres so many models! we attempted an interior but didn't get the scene fniished. So what everyone did was make pieces of and thats what we have alot of props and equipment for the interior. I didn't take part in this part of the modeling. Aditya was the one who put it together With Darknosarua.
List of Team Mates
Spyrogyro
Aqua9
Dogster
DarknosAurae

Brazz

Pics

I didn't post pics of the other parts cause well nothing much changed. If you'd like more tell me id be glad to render out any.
<<<<<<<<<<<FOR THOSE WORKING ON FX CHALLENGE>>>>>>>>>>>>

if you'd like to use our model Let me know i have a file made in either a .mb or obj of this entire scene. My teams going to texture it and we'd be willing to possibly share it when it's gone textured too

Last edited by yencaray : 10 October 2006 at 07:02 AM.

Thread Closed share thread