Sketchbook Thread of JohnnyHolloway

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2006   #1
Sketchbook Thread of JohnnyHolloway

Hello there, I am interested in traditional drawing and more specificly anatomy drawing to stregthen my 3d skills overall. I have no formal teaching background when it comes to drawing, but I am currently in Ceramics Independent studies (3rd year) at my high school. I figured starting a sketchbook thread would help get me some well needed crits. I will post some loomis head studies ive started doing soon.

Old 09 September 2006   #2
JohnnyHolloway,

Welcome. I look forward to seeing your work here.

Please bear in mind that as a high school student, most art schools (assuming you want to go to one, that certainly may not be the case) really want to see TRADITIONAL - not digital, work in an entrance portfolio. As such I would highly encourage you to work traditionally only.

Also, if you are planning to apply to an art school, I would greatly encourage you to attend life drawing classes - which can be found in the US at least at local community colleges and sometimes park / recreational programs. One of the major things that art schools look for in a portfolio is life drawings.

I encourage you to visit others' threads and to post constructive comments and critique, and you will receive the same in return.

I look forward to seeing your progress!

Cheers,

-Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 09 September 2006   #3

The head studies, sorry for the messy scan.

Rebeccak: I think I am gona stay away from the digital meduim for the next couple of months and focus primarly on my traditional just for that reason. Im planning on going to a technical institute for 3d production animation and the entrance porfolio has to be 50% drawing from life. I unfortionaly do not have the time for a life drawing class but I plan to start drawing what i see out my window and the landscapes i see from my backyard. I have also started a ceramic sculpture project of a head to go along with my loomis studies.

Last edited by JohnnyHolloway : 09 September 2006 at 04:37 AM.

Old 09 September 2006   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread