AE7 RAM issues on Mac

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2006
AE7 RAM issues on Mac

This is weird: I've got 2GB RAM in my machine, and AE is set up to use all available memory. All I'm doing is a RAM preview of a QT movie - not even any effects applied, and all it will ever do is about 100 frames before it thinks the RAM is full and go into loop mode.

With Activity Monitor I can see I've got LOADS of RAM free - so what's up? Anyone got any ideas? I've purged ALL, restarted, rebooted, but AE still doesn't see to 'see' the available memory. The RAM's good - just loaded a dozen apps on my Quad G5 and maxed it out with no issues.

09 September 2006
Originally Posted by Darth Mole: This is weird: I've got 2GB RAM in my machine, and AE is set up to use all available memory. All I'm doing is a RAM preview of a QT movie - not even any effects applied, and all it will ever do is about 100 frames before it thinks the RAM is full and go into loop mode.

With Activity Monitor I can see I've got LOADS of RAM free - so what's up? Anyone got any ideas? I've purged ALL, restarted, rebooted, but AE still doesn't see to 'see' the available memory. The RAM's good - just loaded a dozen apps on my Quad G5 and maxed it out with no issues.

Have you by any chance installed Nucleo Pro? It seriously affects AE's mem usage on such low RAM systems (I'm on Win XP, but the situation is similar, it's better without Nucleo). Other than that, try to restart your system before AE gets fired up. If it's the first app to be launched on the system, it will use much more RAM. Strangely enough it doesn't handle memeory footprints of other apps very well even if they are no longer loaded.

Mylenium

09 September 2006
Wow, good guess - I do have Nucleo Pro installed. However, that wasn't the culprit. I think it was just non-contiguous memory (old data lying around). I ran a memtest and it must have removed it, so all is well. From now on I'll be careful when running AE7 - and I'll get more memory when I can afford it!

09 September 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread