Mr.CityMen

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2006
Mr.CityMen

Hello.

Here is my graduation project. It is Called "Mr.CityMen" and was inspired
by the Children's book series "Mr.Men". I Hope you will enjoy it.

To view the different videos, Please follow this link:
http://www.ericlerner.com

Thank You Very much,
Eric.

09 September 2006
loved it great mode to it, is this Tel Aviv?
where did you study?

Asa

09 September 2006
Saw this a week or so go when I came upon your site. Great stuff and very original...a lot of work to be sure.

Out of curiousity how much of the footage is simply a still frame that you animated to simulate subtle camera movement?...or did you use live footage on all of it? I thought you might have used that trick to save time and comping and am curious as I cannot tell one way or the other. You did a great job.

I particularly like Mr. Dreamer from an animation standpoint...he has so much personlity and I am a sucker for a little 2d animation mixed in....very whimsical.

I also dig the Mr. Deja Vu...the light interaction on him when he is on the bus in one of the scenes is comped so well...very nice.

Keep it up man.

09 September 2006
I've seen it a week ago to, it's a very great job, I love especially Mr. Fortune!

09 September 2006
I just watched the video of the orange guy, and i really liked it.
the shots of him playing the guitar are very well thought out, and look terrific.

if i had to say something bad about it though, id say that its a little odd how his legs bend backwards (i know hes a made up character) but if he were human that would really hurt!
it also tends to pop a little bit as he walks.. it may look better if they dont bend so far back at the knees.

But aside from that, Id say youve made something pretty special here. Its simple, yet looks really impressive. awesome job.

09 September 2006
Mr. Lerner.

I really enjoyed watching it!
I think there is a naive feel to it all that charms me, the music is working great with it.
Love it.

Even though the animation needs work, it doesnt disturb the viewer, the design, music and great tracking and compositions compensate that.

Awesome work man, I think alot of ppl should be exposed to these cool clips (Plz get plugged )

Ranimate

09 September 2006
good stuff man. thou there r some glitches in animation but over all look and feel is great. keep it up man.

09 September 2006
Really nice work. There are a couple of minor things, like improving the rigging of the arms/legs to get nicer shapes on mr dreamer, and the animation could be a touch snappier on mr scared, but as Ranimate said, the overall production is excellent.

They're a great set of short stories, would love to see this plugged.

09 September 2006
Love it! love it!

I hope I can get a copy of this on the next picto plasma DVD.

My only coments are that the leg movements are vere IK-ish, but who cares if you get the story across.

(P.s the active X coding causes the web explorer to crash? what am I doning wrong here?)

09 September 2006
I love Mr Stuck. What agreat uplifting message - the whole thing is genius mate, well done.

09 September 2006
I really liked it! good motion Matching and lighting. it blended in well and the sync with the music was awesome! question? How long did it take you to get the shots motion matched and placed in correctly?

09 September 2006
wow

Really really amazing work man.....just fabulous. The work will pay off

09 September 2006
Sweet work! Were all those environments rendered or compositing was used? Amazing stuff, I really loved the moods being portrayed in each one.

09 September 2006
Hi! I really liked your shorts, they all have very unique personalities. It must have been a lot of work to do all the compositing and matchmoving and tracking, etc but it looks great and the sync to the music is terrific too!

09 September 2006
thanks for posting, those were pleasant to watch.

Mr. Fortune has a lot of knee pops if you want critique.

All in all I like the daydream guy the most, just because of what he was doing, and how it was put togather. I like the rabbit fading in and out with sparkles... hmmm, that sounds a bit overly girly... oh well.

Thread Closed share thread