Rig my Charactor

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2006
Question Rig my Charactor

Hello, i am just starting in cg and I have made a charactor (human girl) and I really want to animate it. I have tried everything to do it. where i have pretty much most of my problems is doing the envelopes on skin modifier. i dont really know what part of the mesh a certain part goes to. I was wondering if someone would be ever so kind as to do this part for me so that I could learn from it and know for the future. I have found a skinning video tut but they use a very simple mesh. 9 polys for legs etc. Mine is 600 polys for body.

thank you in advance,

JMASTER

09 September 2006
hi,

create a siple rig for (refer the max reference). don't go in to advance rigging stuff.

skinning - appy skin modifier and ajust the basic envlops first. Then turn on Vertices. So you can access any vertex pf the body in order to control the skin weights.
ex. - turn on vertices and select any vertex(s) of the mesh and go down. You'll see the Under Envelope properties Abs. Effect spinner. The weight distribustion will be from 0 -1.
0 is no weight coloured blue and 1 is maximum weight coloured red.

the bending parts of the character just blend the whights (yellow, orange).

good luck.

09 September 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread