all around lighting (for modeling)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2006
all around lighting (for modeling)

hello can anybody help me, having a bit of trouble with the lighting in xsi, i need an all around light so i can see my whole model shaded, but well lit, can anyone understand what i mean?

08 August 2006
Hello, I guess I undestand what you mean, In the upper right corner of your viewport you should make click on the word for the shading control (Shades, wireframe, hidden line, or which ever you have active) a menu will appear, go to display options, and once you click there a windows with more options wil pop up. At the bottom of this window you have the Head Light which overrides another lighting.
You have yo enable the Head Lighting, and then no matter where you move you camera you object will always be lit.

Hope I was clear and it helped you.

08 August 2006
Do what he suggested. That said never model with a headlight, your model will just look wrong imo.

08 August 2006
You could arrange a nice light rig that you like and then parent them to the camera, so that when you move the view, the lights will move with it.

08 August 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread