Textured monster

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2002
Textured monster

Here's my latest. It's an enemy (1 of 3) for the game I'm making as a final year college project. He's 502 polys & 1 256x256 map.

Couple of detail shots showing the spine & inside of mouth:

There's more on my site if anyone is interested.

03 March 2002
the textureing is looking quite nice,,

i think it looks a bit umbalanced though sort of top heavy, with very small close together feet and a vey large body,, and looks kind of strange without arms,, plus can it open its eyes??

maybe this will help,,

dtek

03 March 2002
Hey Dtek8.
It seems we have to rely on each other to answer posts here!
Btw, I sent you an email through the forum - did you get it?

Yeah this guy is a little top heavy but a lot of his body mass is below his jawline, giving him a fairly low centre of gravity - plus his tail will help a little. He's supposed to be a genetically modified creature, a cross between a lizard, a shark & maybe a pitbull, so he moves kind of clumsily because he was made by human hands rather than god/evolution/whatever. (spot the moral )

The lack of arms was a concious design decision, in order to make him look a little wierd/creepy & no he can't open his eyes - same reason.

Thanks for the comments, I'll have to really try to convey the weight/balance problem in the movements.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread