Does this involves a Birth script?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2006   #1
Does this involves a Birth script?

Hi, as i'm a poor scripter ,i'm wondering if there's a way to generate particles in inteval of time from the same emitter ,what i'm trying to do is this:

the dirty way i come up with is :

but i don't like this solution as probably i'll be dealing with maybe hundreds of events ( generating particles)

hope it's somehow understandable.
Any idea on how to do this??

Thank you!

Old 08 August 2006   #2
It is fairly simple without scripting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Intrmnt-Emit.jpg (45.7 KB, 42 views)
Proverbs 17:28 - Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; When he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive.

Old 08 August 2006   #3
CharlyC ,Thank you ! the first "send out (all)" test/op was the key. i'm going to generate the particles randomly instead of the timer (test age). i'll be using collision test (the censor in the flow chart ) i don't know how to do it but i guess it's possible and fairly simple !
Thank you !

Old 08 August 2006   #4
the Spawn Op has a By Time option that is more random. will that help?
Proverbs 17:28 - Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; When he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive.

Old 08 August 2006   #5
yeah it helps in case of particle generation , but not in the birth event itself , i mean setting the age test as the censor will generate particle every N frames wich N is constant .and for that N frame, particles are spawned randomly with a "by time " option.
the randomness i need lets say : whenever Object 'A' hits an obstacle (ground, wall, rock....), Object 'B' throws particles (A and B attached)

Old 08 August 2006   #6
That is odd, I responded to this post yesterday and it seems to not have taken...

Anyway, by now I am sure you have done what you needed, but I was admitting that I had misunderstood your request. Your method of using the Collision Test to output to the Spawn Test is the way to go.

Old 08 August 2006   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread