Sketchbook Thread of SulaMoon

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2006
Sketchbook Thread of SulaMoon

oh, ok ^^ here I go. Dont have as much time to fill this as I would like too, but at least its a start.
Ill try some OFDW too! =D Cant wait. Just need to finish my last comission before I start...
Ill post my heads for the Anatomy Lesson Series: Body Part 1 - The Head.

07 July 2006

07 July 2006

07 July 2006
Last one for now~ look foward to update soon.

This was a great learning experience, I was sad I had to leave so soon =/

07 July 2006
Smile

SulaMoon,

Thanks for creating your Anatomy Thread! I'm glad you got the chance to participate, and I hope that when you have the time, you can continue to practice ~ the thread will remain open indefinitely, so please feel free to continue posting to both threads. Looking forward to your participation in the next OFDW! Be sure to subscribe here to be notified when the next OFDW begins:

Notification of New Open Figure Drawing Workshops / + TUTORIALS - SUBSCRIBE HERE!

Also, it would be great if you could tell us a little bit about your art training and background!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

07 July 2006
Oh dont worry, Im already subscribed ^^;

Well, about me =o Its always hard to talk about me.

Hello, my name is Úrsula, I am Brazilian, 22 years old, and I am a layer-a-holic
I could never attend to real art education. My art teaching in college was almost none, since the focus of my course wasnt fine arts... I couldnt attend to a Fine Arts schools, at least no yet ^^; maybe in a couple years. So I only had the basics.

But my love is drawing! I couldnt stop. When I was 12 years old, I started with mangá... but soon I didnt like it that much... so I started to move between one style and a more detailed one. So right now I am just in the limbo, between two styles.

Since I dont have a better place to host my artwork at the moment, I am using Deviantart (http://sulamoon.deviantart.com), so you can see some old works there ^^

Also
I mainly work as colorist, as I am never confident enough on my artline. So there I have some color work uploaded also.

07 July 2006
Here is what I mean
I cant say if this is manga or not ^^;

This one is a little better

Last edited by SulaMoon : 07 July 2006 at 06:00 PM.

07 July 2006
wow

Great stuff SulaMoon. Keep it up. I also checked out your deviantart site. amazing work there too. I definitely see what you mean about being a colorist. But line art is only the beggining for most of the digital art Ive seen, so it's not a bad thing.

------------------------------------------------------------------
My Website
My Anatomy Thread (nudity)
XianNC's WIPs

07 July 2006
Cool stuff in here. Give yourself a little more credit Sula, your line work is great and anyone can color... no offense meant. I just like your stuff better : ) I love the manga-ish painted face, elf girl thing... that rocks!

iO gallery artists
Michael Whelan | Olivia | Julie Bell | Se7en

07 July 2006
Hey Úrsula!

Great to discover your thread here and easy to see that you're drawing for a long time: the head studies are amazing !
Nice to see your own work, the second pic is really beautiful...
looking forward to see more !

Cheers,

-sabrina

07 July 2006
xiannc
Thanks! Yeah, I will continue to practice. Maybe there is salvation! =D

se7en-z3r0
Oh, wow! Thanks about that =)

daWinky
Thanks! Ill try to update some and keep it often.

By the way!
Here are some more old sketchs. I was working now on a comissioned pics, so I cant post it until its done, sadly. I wish I had more time to practice, it was working wonders! I need 30h-days! =P

Just to showcase something I am going to work when I have some free time.
This I was doing before the anatomy workshop. I already corrected a bit, but still see a lot of work to do..

Also, another quick sketch on lunch time ^^ I should start to use refs, I dont use them often.. (hope photoshobucket keep this up)

And just for fun! I cant stop drawing roses lately O.o I need to stop!

07 July 2006
Nice had of that, ehm...lady. I liek the way those spikes and horns get their shape from the face. Some things I would change are the shoulders, they're off, and if that's neck behind her ear, then make it thinner. That's about it, I like the rest.

Refs are good, try not just using them but doing some studies from refs

Burning roses = good roses Oh, black roses are good too.

07 July 2006
Whoo! That's some splendid rendering man!

Keep it up! I'm watching this thread =D

Anatomy Thread of BNN

07 July 2006
Well, here I am, busy again I Ill try to update often, but it probably wont be possible...

razz
Haha tks! When I have time, Ill try to fix the shoulders... this time Ill look for refs, hehe. Its not exactly a neck she have back there, Ill try to fix it and make it more clear ^^

BNN
Haha tks a lot! <3 But im a girl!

And well, here I was slacking at the weekend! I started this pic of World of Warcraft's Cenarion Daughter. And no, I didnt work on her hands at all =p I plan to finish this, so if anyone has any good ideia for her arms/hand/torso, I would love it!

08 August 2006
Wow I really like your style. That.. Thing with the big horns is my favorite. Great colors on that one.

Thread Closed share thread