Multi projection masking with Vertex_rgba Node

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2002   #1
? about Vertex_rgba Node & multi masking

Ok, well this is my first post here and I would have rather had something nice to show off but instead I have a question instead.

I just learned how to use the vertex_rgba node to blend two textures together with vertex painting. However, I am having trouble making sense of making it work with three images. I think it has something to do with selecting the Vertex_Color pull down in the PPG of the Vertex_rgba. When I connect the second vertex_rgba into the weight3 of the diffuse node it shows only as grey when using the "P" preview mode. The first vertex_rgba shows up as what I want after having painted it with the vertex color painting tools.

thanks in advance,

Tellerve

Last edited by Tellerve : 03 March 2002 at 04:51 AM.

Old 03 March 2002   #2
*bump*

Ok, well through other sources I was told just to use alpha maps which is fine and I know how to do that but I'd really like to know how to use this seemingly powerful tool that is in XSI.

*sighs*

Tellerve

Old 03 March 2002   #3
Re: ? about Vertex_rgba Node & multi masking

Maybe this will help:
http://estaque.free.fr/tut_mix_text...exPainting.html

Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

Old 03 March 2002   #4
LOL, that's actually why I have a question interestingly enough. I did that and another tutorial off of Ed Harriss' site and couldn't figure out how to do multi-projections. The man who did this tutorial you linked to said he'll eventually do another tutorial showing how. I tried to figure it out but the way it seemed like it should work for both me and my instructor didn't. I ended up writing him an email but he hasn't responded yet and I'm not expecting him to now.

Thanks for the effort though,

Tellerve

Old 03 March 2002   #5
I just read a part in xsi2 manual, which is about multi projection. It's in the shading session. Hope u can find it.
China

Old 03 March 2002   #6
Ohh, really? Ok I'll look it up and let you know if it answers my question.

update...

Dang, nope found what I think you were talking about but I already knew how to do that part. I think my question is a bit too specific for the manual. I'll keep looking as I know the answer is out there and if I can figure it out I'll be so thrilled as it seems like an awesome ability of XSI. Well, that's assuming it can do what I think it should be able to do.

Tellerve

Last edited by Tellerve : 03 March 2002 at 04:30 AM.

Old 01 January 2006   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread