Dark Lady - Painting WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2006
Dark Lady - Painting WIP

This is a painting i'm working on. I have some problems with the position of the eye on the left side and the area underneath the nose. The cloth folds on her skirt are iffy as well :]

http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachm...tid=97510&stc=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg raw4a.jpg (91.0 KB, 111 views)

06 June 2006
Left eye us not high enough, I think.

The colors are really cool

06 June 2006
Is it Cher? JK. As Kefka said the left eye is a bit low. Also, where you have the middle of her back seems too far left in comparison with her breast. One more thing, you might try giving her right eyebrow just a little more definition. Right now it's almost nonexistant...creepy. And personal opinion, a little eyeshadow is always sexy.

Great start for now. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

Wiggin WIP

06 June 2006
Update: eyes, face, blocked in the background, middle of the back moved, skin color changed to match the theme...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg raw5.jpg (78.7 KB, 28 views)

07 July 2006
another update:

07 July 2006
Nice work, you could variate the skintones a little bit more. Something in the mouth/chin area bothers me. Good work anyways, it's going to look great!

07 July 2006
worked on the background and colors a bit - whats to be done now is the chin area, i agree with dianae, it looks a bit off. Thanks for the comments all, they helped me out a lot!

07 July 2006
I like the background alot, and the floor looks fantastic.

Wiggin WIP

07 July 2006
Your pic is quite sweet already and has a lot of potential - I'm sure you will come back to it in about a year or two and then you'll get everything JUST right and it will become a masterpiece !

Right now, I found that there are not enough different colors in this pic - particularly in the skintones. I would also suggest that you make the thingy on the back a little less straight - it should follow the shape of the body. Some parts wider than others and it should also correspond to her spine which it doesn't right now. It is too geometrical somehow ....

Also the hair needs a bit more work.

07 July 2006
I'm a little concerned about your lightsource(s). There's that REALLY bright hole in the center of the page, and then an obviously strong light on your figure...it's just not flying for me. I liked the bluer, less detailed background better, honestly.

Figure-wise, she's flat; she needs more chiarascuro, or shadows and rounding of her forms. REALLY think about the way hair falls....find a photo reference you like. Study it. I'd take apart each element of the picture and give it lots of thought, look at lots of photos. What you seem to be doing is conceptualizing stuff. You're painting what you THINK things look like, not what they really do.

The picture's got great bones, though! You have a good, solid figure to work with. Best of luck....

Cris

07 July 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread