TORNADORE - Tornado VFX Test

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2006   #1
TORNADORE - Tornado VFX Test

Hi everyone.

Me and my friend Marco just finished creating this teaser/trailer-like VFX test of tornados as a project in school. For me this was all about getting familiar with fluids and particles and I've learned alot from this project.

It may not be in it's final form yet, we know of alot of things we would like to fix in the future but this is what we have as we reach the deadline.

Instead of just creating a vfx shot with a tornado, we wanted to put it into context and add a bit of mood to it so we did a teaser/trailer thing instead.

Software used:

Maya Unlimited
Digital Fusion
Adobe Premiere Pro
Matchmover

I think you will need the latest quicktime-player to play these since they are encoded in H.264
LARGE - 720*405 - 58MB
MEDIUM - 540*304 - 22MB
SMALL - 359*202 - 15MB

C&C are welcome
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stillis0673.jpg (6.9 KB, 161 views)

Last edited by nilslerin : 06 June 2006 at 04:43 PM.

Old 06 June 2006   #2
That is a great piece. Nice work! And you've got some wonderful cinematography as well. I've gotta start getting into Fluids. Is it pretty intuitive to work with?

Old 06 June 2006   #3
Originally Posted by venomize: That is a great piece. Nice work! And you've got some wonderful cinematography as well. I've gotta start getting into Fluids. Is it pretty intuitive to work with?

Thanks mate. I wouldn't exactly say that it is intuitive, it's more of a mess. Especially considering that there's alot of different ways of using fluids, which of course is also a bless. And the fluidShape-node is probably the biggest node in maya so there's alot of attributes to work with and at first none of it makes sense but after some time when alot of still doesn't make much sense you'll get a grip anyway of which attribute to change to achieve the desired look. I probably read trough the whole thread here and watched some of gnomons videos on fluids and I think I've got a pretty good understanding of fluids now. Good luck

Old 06 June 2006   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread