Challenge issues resolved here.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2003
Challenge issues resolved here.

01 January 2003
can we use models weve done before?.. since.. the thing is not to model but the animation.. or.. should just do some.. very very simple model for this challenge?

01 January 2003
yup that's fine, it's all about animation here

salud

01 January 2003
what about models downloaded from websties like 3dtotal? can i have more than one shot angle in the animation? Do you know what the prices are going to be? I need some kinda motivation

PS: sorry for being OT but i was only joking about the the prizes as being my only motivation. I know i have no chance for them, i mean come on what chance does a 14 year old boy who has been character animating for about 2 months have against people twice my age who have been doin it for years? My motivation is learning and that feelin i get when i finish something and i am really proud of it

Last edited by A MacVey : 01 January 2003 at 04:13 AM.

01 January 2003
your motivation should be learning

01 January 2003
your motivation should be the animation itself.

prizes, IF they are supplied, will not be announced till later in the challenge anyway.

01 January 2003
question about rig?

what if our rig is built and is styled to look like a character, do we then still need to build the geometry for the character?

thx

01 January 2003
if someone was crazy enough to dot his classically what would be the guidlines for them, since I obviously won't have time to paint, no 3point lighting, just curious as I already have a LOTR model I will be dong, and a 2D picture to paint, I need to do what I'm faster at to even try to getinto this one, besides no one else is animating with a pencil.

01 January 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiskai
if someone was crazy enough to dot his classically what would be the guidlines for them, since I obviously won't have time to paint, no 3point lighting, just curious as I already have a LOTR model I will be dong, and a 2D picture to paint, I need to do what I'm faster at to even try to getinto this one, besides no one else is animating with a pencil.

go ahead with 2d. it will be rereshing to see some classical animation here.

just follow the guidelines that you can...static camera...format...

01 January 2003
Quote: Originally posted by bentllama
go ahead with 2d. it will be rereshing to see some classical animation here.

just follow the guidelines that you can...static camera...format...

static camera should be easy Well we'll see what I can do will start to night, busy painting right at the moment and working on website, so much to do not of it paid for :(

01 January 2003
Does the main light (shadow caster) have to be fixed or can it be moved?

01 January 2003
Quote: Originally posted by DrAdamDinosaur
Does the main light (shadow caster) have to be fixed or can it be moved?

the main light CAN be moved...

ie) torch, lamp, rudolph's nose,

01 January 2003
Quote: can we use models weve done before?..

yup that's fine, it's all about animation here

is that ok even if the model doesn't comply with the challenge rules? (i.e. not segmented...) I've got a character I just got ready to go and I'm kinda itching to try it out on this... but it's skinned

Pleeeeze?

01 January 2003
guys ,

A new topic [Elven dexterity] has been added to the challenge topics you can choose from.

--

01 January 2003
Arrow first challenge, question ?

ok i have a rig i built, but i am confused as to the geometry of the character. i have attached an image. one of the characters (which is an orc) with just the body renderd, and a render where you can see the rig.

i just want to make sure the model i built which is obviously very simple will do for the challenge?

thank you

Last edited by Lano : 01 January 2003 at 04:48 AM.

share thread