OT:X3 Reviews!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2006
OT:X3 Reviews!

So far 64% on RT.Probably the only movie im really excited about besides Superman and Spiderman.Got my Thursday Midnight Tickets today!
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/x_men_3_the_last_stand/

05 May 2006
also remember to stay after the credits...I can confirm there is something at the end of it.

05 May 2006
Originally Posted by Kenton Baines: also remember to stay after the credits...I can confirm there is something at the end of it.

I will!Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

05 May 2006
I wont post any spoilers but was anyone else particularly disapointed by this?? complete change from the last 2 movies - i havent looked forward to a move this much in quite a while, very sad day for me today.

any similar experiences?

05 May 2006
I thought it was better than the second one....it brought something new to the table whereas the second one felt too much of a rehash.... It's not a masterpiece, some of the effects are dodgy in places, some are spectacular like the bridge sequence, but I enjoyed the ride. My expectations where low when I heard about the new director but he came through with the goods.... And the juggernaut kicks ass.

05 May 2006
Juggernaut is in this movie? I have to see it

05 May 2006
I actually really liked it. I like the second movie the most, but for me, this is about as good as the first one. A little short, but it's good fun, lots of laughs and grins and nods from me - it's not supposed to be deep and reflective... and it's not.

It put a big goofy smile on my lips. No disappointment here.

D'artiste

Painting eyes
Painting hair

05 May 2006
Ooh, I can't wait to see this! Must… make… time.

05 May 2006
Aww...you guys have seen it already? I'm so jealous, I have to wait till Saturday!

Offbeatworlds.com

05 May 2006
thats the thing, it really upset me to see it not taking itself seriously ( or if it was trying to be serious and was still THAT cheesey thats possibly even worse).

I'm a big x-men fan and a big fan of the first two films - which despite being action films were still strong character films. The impression i get of this film is the producers trying to cram as much action/x-men lore in as they possibly can at the expense of good story-telling. The fact is wolverine, storm and magneto seem to be the only characters with more than a handful of lines in the whole film!

In the commentary of the 2nd movie brian singer notes how difficult it is to keep track of all the characters and maintain continuity and an interesting story(or something along those lines), now we have about 3 or 4 times the number of mutants in slightly less viewing time.

An enjoyable film, particularly for the cg/special effects aspect, but IMO its clearly the weaker of the trilogy.

05 May 2006
I am extremelly pissed at the moment due to the rumours that

Cyclops, my very favorite X-Man dies in this one

but I may go see it just for the "- I´m the Juggernaut, bitch!" scenne

In the meantime............

Brokeback Mutant

That is wrong is SO many levels......

05 May 2006
Just got back from the cinema...

WORST
MOVIE
EVER!

Spoilers. Scroll down to discover why X Men 3 is shit...

1) Every character except for Storm and Wolverine either gets killed or cured!
2) The extra final scene after the credits: Professor X turns against his own sense of ethics and decides in a clinch that his life is more important than that of a coma patient.
3) Every character except for Storm and Wolverine either gets killed or cured!!
4) Rogue: In all three movies, she's admittedly the one who has the most ambivalence about her powers, and it would make sense that she would want the cure. But her sole reason for getting cured in this movie was because she was jealous that Bobby was sniffing around Kitty?!?
5) EVERY CHARACTER EXCEPT FOR STORM AND WOLVERINE EITHER GETS KILLED OR CURED!!
6) Magneto: Once an actual character, with purpose and dimensions. Now just a cartoon villain who betrays his own people. The way he tosses Mystique aside when she's cured is just an artless way of showing his devotion to his cause. But that aside he is still a person, and this was just WAY out of character. And don't get me started on "Only the pawns go first".
7) EVERY F*CKING CHARACTER EXCEPT FOR F*CKING STORM AND F*CKING WOLVERINE EITHER GETS F*CKING KILLED OR F*CKING CURED!!
8) Wolverine kills Jean Grey for no reason: Couldn't he have just cured her or thrown the bald kid at her?
8) EVERY F*CKING CHARACTER EXCEPT FOR F*CKING STORM AND F*CKING WOLVERINE EITHER GETS F*CKING KILLED OR F*CKING CURED!!
9) "Ooh, hang on, we left some characters alive! Quick, turn them into dust!"
10) EVERY F*CKING CHARACTER -- (well, you get the idea)
11) Angel. Why bother?
12) "We ran out of money, but we have a Sentinel in scene 3." "Just stick two lights in the sky, that'll do it!"

05 May 2006
OMG it's that bad??
Nothing will beat the comics guys. AND not many can remake it the way it's supposed to be. But its' that bad? Crapola

05 May 2006
Originally Posted by eliseu gouveia: I am extremelly pissed at the moment due to the rumours that

Thanks for telling us! Youre supposed to hide spoilers, not draw attention to them!!

05 May 2006
Originally Posted by Digit: Thanks for telling us! Youre supposed to hide spoilers, not draw attention to them!!

I wasn't able to see the rumor unless I highlighted the text...

Thread Closed share thread