Sketchbook Thread of Trunks

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2006
Sketchbook Thread of Trunks

Hello all! I read out the FAQ and noticed Rebeccak wants us all to start an anatomy thread. So I decided maybe it might help

I want to show you my (well nearly) daily doodles, which mostly include anatomy studies I am painting in photoshop with a wacom tablet (forgot the name, the cheapest I could find I have to buy myself a new one ... *remembers*)

I hope you can enjoy my progress, well ... ENJOY !

Edit: Images starting at page 11

Last edited by Trunks : 08 August 2007 at 06:07 PM.

05 May 2006
Woot nekkid girls!!

Sweet pictures Trunks! I like this one the most ('cause of wider value range than in the others).
Quote:

05 May 2006
Haha nice reason That's what I wanted to hear Thanks man !

05 May 2006
Smile

Trunks,

Welcome aboard! Thanks for helping me out by creating your Anatomy Thread.

Hey, one thing that would really help is if you scaled your images down to 800 pixels wide or less. This prevents people from having to scroll.

Be back in a bit with some comments.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

05 May 2006
Trunks,

A bit of a delayed review, but I hope this helps:

The main thing that I would encourage you to do are Master Copies. This is a useful thread in that regard:

Master Copy Resources
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=354836

Check it out when you have the chance. I think the main benefit of doing such studies is that it shows you have previous artists have solved problems, and allows you to see how they draw and construct the figure. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

05 May 2006
Thank you Rebeccak! Everything helps

Today I donwnloaded a test version of painter. This are some doodles I got after 20minutes or so. Can somebody tell me if there are some shortcuts like in photoshop to change from rubber to pencil? Or to change the size of the pencil? I think this would help me to paint faster Thanks!

And here is some older sketch, I uploaded this for the "post your best sketchbookpage" thread. This is the page I like the most

05 May 2006
Hi Trunks, these are some nice digital sketches you have here, I particularly like the top one of the lady in yellow, that would make a fabulous pin-up girl should you ever want to refine it more. I admire your verve for doing it daily, too. Keep it up!

05 May 2006
Smile

Trunks,

You're welcome!

To switch quickly / easily between tools, you can create a custom palette. Do a search for the term 'custom palette' in the Help files and it will explain how to do this, it's quite easy. Also, to change your brush size, use the shortcuts, [ for smaller brush, and ] for larger brush. In PS, Shift + [ makes the brush softer, and Shift + ] makes the brush harder.

It's good to see these Anatomy Sketches, and I hope to see more!

There is a great Master Copy Resource here:

Drawings of Leonardo DaVinci
http://www.visi.com/~reuteler/leonardo.html

Definitely check it out, it would be great to see some copies!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

05 May 2006
Zephyri: Thanks! Maybe one day I'll refine her, I don't know yet! I am trying my best to update it daily. Best way to improve I hope.

Rebeccak: Thanks, I will try some more studies with painter later. Now it is time to eat cake. Can I use 8 in painter or MUST I use [ ? I don't see the difference ^^
I am not sure if I want to do master copys of THIS Leonardo sketches. Because I don't like them very much... but I bought a new bock today with some (hopefully) good anatomy images. I am going to do studies of this book and all the others I have here, too

Here are some of my yesterday and today sketches (I have no scanner so they will be fotos everytime):
Trying to get some poses (did never really work):

Thigh (ignore the right one):

A monster (I saw something similar a while ago and could not get this out of my head) with an anatomically wrong arm:

And now I am going to eat cake and than go back to paint some more stuff. Maybe there will be a second update later.
Enjoy !

05 May 2006
Smile

Hi Trunks,

It's great to see you do traditional studies, that's the best way to learn the figure, imo.

Here is a review of one of your sketches, hope it helps:

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

05 May 2006
Thanks Rebeccak!

I think this helps, the problem was every pose on this page seemed to go the wrong way ... I wanted crossed legs but they always looked like everything else ...

05 May 2006
Smile

Trunks,

No problem! Drawing the figure is difficult, and takes time and lots of practice to learn. Looking forward to seeing more of your drawings!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

05 May 2006
I think I did only useless things today ... I started a project for my art lessons in school. We should show motion (well that's the worst translation I could have given, better: to step, to perambulata or to cross [NOTE: I don't know what I am talking here I just translated the german words to english words ]). We must do this with 4 Images which must be dinA3 sized. My original idea was to show luck, pain, death and rebirth (sounds really simple, heh?). All 4 images must be the same scene but we have to move the camera angel and so on ... My character is standing on a battlefield (you see this in image 2) and dies there. Image 1 shows him smiling because he is watching a butterfly, lucky moment Than the camera zooms out and shows the battlefield with monsters (maybe) and you can see the character is hurt. Then the camera zooms out and you can see the character dieing and the last image shows the character as an angel flying to heaven.

If somebody knows anything what I have to attend for printing my image (like the size on the computer is not the printed size or whatever. PLEASE TELL ME Maybe it helps The father of a friend of mine works at the newspaper he can print my images in every size and for no sale *happy*

This is what I got today (not much :( I started with a sketch of myself through a mirror) The shoulders will change I think I am open for every comment now :

Why did I painted it in grey? Yesterday (or was it the day before yesterday?) I did some test of a function in photoshop. I painted the image totally b/w. I nearly did a 1:1 copy of a foto because I needed good results . Than used the function (well I only know the german name so here is a description) you get when you hit ctrl+B. With this function I colored the image, check out:

black & white image
colored version

But know I am thinking of coloring the image again directly and not the way I did the girl... because it is dinA3 and will look better

Tomorrow I'll post some more concept sketches of the other 3 images (I hope at least one )

05 May 2006
Smile

Trunks,

Hi there, I'm not at home so won't post in depth til later, but to respond to your print size question, you want your image to be 300 dpi (dots per inch) ~ not 72 dpi, which is screen (monitor) resolution. You also have to make sure your size in inches is set to the size at which you want to print. You don't want to resize from 72 to 300 dpi as you will lose resolution (your image will become blurry). Ideally you want to start out at 300 dpi and the proper size in inches when working digitally, or scan your work at 300 dpi if working traditionally and scanning your work.

Hope this helps ~ feel free to ask any questions if you need to.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

05 May 2006
Thanks Rebeccak! I did this image in 300dpi and the right size. So it seems like I made no big mistake. I normally do all my works with 300dpi, because you never know when you need to print it

Thread Closed share thread