Syflex and live draging to create initial states

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2006
Syflex and live draging to create initial states

Hi everybody, I have been soing cloth in 3dsmax for some time and now im learning Syflex since yesterday and i have a question, i hope you can help me.

Is it posible to "live drag" a poly/point during simulation to tweak cloths in real time, i ask this because my workflow in max was like that : i started the simulation of the clothes and simultaneasly i was tweaking them "live"; once in a while i grab some polys interactively to pull them from areas i didnt want them to be : mainly to create a rest state. Once i have that rest state i simulate the cloths as usual.

Is this posible? i checked the web and online reference and i didnt find anything about it.

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by thrischan : 05 May 2006 at 09:07 PM.

05 May 2006
Yes this is totally possible. Make a nail contraint on a point, then hit play and start dragging the nail contraint null around. Once you get it where you want it stop playback and save a new initial state.

05 May 2006
Thank you very much Ben Barker!

05 May 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread