advice on Combustion

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2003   #1
advice on Combustion

I want to learn a compositing software to use with Maya. Is combustion similar to after effects in features and workflow?
What are the pros and cons?

Thanks for your time.

Old 01 January 2003   #2
Re: advice on Combustion

I think that just like max and maya

Old 01 January 2003   #3
Re: advice on Combustion

I think that just like max and maya

Old 01 January 2003   #4
Combustion is a user friendly and easy to use alternative of the compositing softwares in the market. It doesnt matter which 3d software you use, you can find all of your compositing needs in C2.
For more information you can check Discreet official site (www.discreet.com). And you can download a trial version of Combustion for trying.

Old 01 January 2003   #5
advice on combustion

Thanks Milo FX.
I have downloaded combustion and will be soon checking it out.

Old 01 January 2003   #6
Quote: Originally posted by Milo FX
Combustion is a user friendly and easy to use alternative of the compositing softwares in the market. It doesnt matter which 3d software you use, you can find all of your compositing needs in C2.
For more information you can check Discreet official site (www.discreet.com). And you can download a trial version of Combustion for trying.

Where did they hide the demo version?

I must be looking in the wrong place... I found all of the tutorial links, but no link to the demo...

Old 01 January 2003   #7
Demo

Looks like they've removed the demo of combustion on their web site.

Old 01 January 2003   #8
Since 2.1 just came out they probably pulled 2.0 temporarily until a demo of 2.1 is available. Dunno why, but that might be why its not there.

Old 01 January 2003   #9
Well, if that's the case, then I guess they'll have another demo version up soon enough. It does seem somewhat illogical to me to pull the demo, when all that not having a demo up will do is reduce the number of people who try it out and as a result end up buying the software.

Old 01 January 2003   #10
They have just released 2.1 of combustion which appears to have new branding etc...

So it would make logical sense that they have to update the demo version to 2.1 otherwise they would be promoting old software....

Give them sometime ....

Splice...

Old 01 January 2003   #11
I heard that there are some unexpected bugs in 2.1 so that is why the demo isn't up right now...should be soon though

Old 01 January 2003   #12
3dbuzz.com has a new combustion vtm, you can check it out

Old 01 January 2003   #13
There were no bugs with the combustion 2.1 software. It was the silly installer deleting help files and particle libraries but that's all been sorted now and it works....

Splice...

Old 01 January 2003   #14
anyone know when a 2.1 demo will be avail??

Cheers guys!!

Old 01 January 2003   #15
Go to the discreet website now... I saw a link that said download demo software in the combustion product page....

Regards
Splice...

Thread Closed share thread