How to deinterlace a video?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2006
How to deinterlace a video?

Hey guys

Can you tell me How to deinterlace a video?

05 May 2006
If you're using AE, when you import the footage go into it's interpretation settings (Command/Control F) and select the Lower or Upper Field First depending on your footage source.

Render out the footage without fields as a full frame.

05 May 2006
..and if ur using combustion..click on footage in the workspace..goto source and in the field seperation use upper or lower field..whichever you think looks bettah..

ciao..

05 May 2006
I honselty thought that the new AE's from version 5 or so up interpret the footage for you.
When doing vfx works and roto work im assuming that deinterlacing helps alot with digital video footage.

05 May 2006
Can anyone answer if AE interprets the footage already once you bring it from the project window into the timeline?
If not how can I deinterlace or do something to make roto work easier when using Digital video. thanks

05 May 2006
You can't go past the method outlined here: DIGITAL COPILOT TUTE which is transportable, tweakable, and it gets the job done.

05 May 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread