Modeling Demo Reel 2006

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2006   #1
Modeling Demo Reel 2006

Hey fellas,
Next month marks 1 year since I graduated. And, while im very happily married to my current job at 2ksports, I thought it would be a good Idea to keep my demo reel up to date. So, here is the most current version of my demo reel.
Im very open to C&C. =)

http://www.ericprovan.com/may_reel.mov

Thanks!!

Old 05 May 2006   #2
Nice work! Love the morphing. Can you eplain briefly how that was done?

Old 05 May 2006   #3
dude, thats some powerfull modeling. great job on every single one of them. i specially like the one with the lump forehead, seems original. the anatomy all seems naturaly perfect, even the mutated ones. I would love to see tehm all with textures.

Old 05 May 2006   #4
Hey, congratulations on your reel! You have some unique model designs on there. I remember your creature model from ZBrushCentral. Congrats on finishing him as well.

Old 05 May 2006   #5
Dreamstate: Thanks! I had a thread going over at zbrush central that would best cover the transformation topic. Just click here and read through the thread...

Mr_Angeles: Thanks for the kind words.

webhead: Thanks! =)

Old 05 May 2006   #6
For anyone intereested, you can see me old reel which was finished in May of last year, by clicking HERE. Its about 25mb's.

Old 05 May 2006   #7
hey the new stuff looks great man, you've come a long way in the last year. Glad to hear you are very happily employed. but wheres the textures?
'got me thinking I should update my reel now.

Old 05 May 2006   #8
Thanks Reed,
It means a lot coming from you. I've been a fan of yours since I saw your reel a month or two before I graduated from Full Sail.

"but wheres the textures"
The truth is, whenever I have free time, I do what makes me most happy, and that is by far modeling. I texture a lot at work. I wouldnt say I'm burnt out on texturing, but I deffinately like modeling more =)
I do hope to go back and texture some of these models. I'm actually texturing the creature with the beak right now.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Old 05 May 2006   #9
That was some good stuff man, I'm really diggin yo' style....haha. I agree though, some textures would really take your work to that next level but I can definitely understand why you havent done them yet. But yO...I thought that elephant dude with the tutu was pretty cool man, I was actually waiting for it to move at one point. I think a quick 10 second animation would be really sick.

Good work though man...congrats on the job and success

Old 05 May 2006   #10
really great modelling reel... congratulations... and... that´s true: "Who doesn´t love a dancing elephant?" heheheh that was very funny!
great work, dude! congratulations!

Old 05 May 2006   #11
9ineDown: Thanks a lot =) Yeah, I agree, textures couldn't hurt. Glad you liked the elephant. Yeah, if anything needs animated, its the elephant.

kerr: Thanks a lot kerr. Glad you liked it =)

I'm still very open to C&C.

Old 05 May 2006   #12
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread